No announcement yet.

automotive anti-freeze instead of glycol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you're making all the right steps to get your house in order there. Well done - it's not always easy to be the bearer of bad news in an organization, especially as the new guy, inheriting problems.

I have a question: Are the colorings put into the various glycol types standard for all brands? I swear that the prop glycol I just got through my malt supplier is a bluish liquid... but I'd have to check the back stock to be sure I'm not imagining this.

Cheers,
    Scott

Comment

Glycol

Mine is food grade and clear, same for the previous place I worked.
      Big Willey
      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Brewsalot
        I have a question: Are the colorings put into the various glycol types standard for all brands? I swear that the prop glycol I just got through my malt supplier is a bluish liquid... but I'd have to check the back stock to be sure I'm not imagining this.
        I think "antifreeze green" is pretty much a standard for the automotive coolant, but there are a number of different colorings used by different propylene glycol manufacturers. I know that if you purchase plain USP Grade Propylene Glycol without inhibitors, it is generally supplied clear.

We have special ordered drums of glycol custom colored per customers request, Houghton Chemical (www.houghtonchemical.com) has provided this service to us.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X