Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing swinging doors on a used cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing swinging doors on a used cooler?

Looking into purchasing a used cooler and some of the available units in my area have a swinging door entry along with a latching, insulated door.

Has anyone had experience with replacing a swinging door with a custom panel or a separately purchased panel? I'm not familiar with how interchangeable one manufacturer's panels are with another's but I have seen some single panels available for sale as well.

I had swinging doors and I found used donor panels and cut to fit, cut slightly smaller and used spray foam between seams, then foil taped the seams... I am in Georgia and have another donor panel if you are close you can have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check our Barr refrideration, they are in WI. They would be able to help.
      https://www.barrinc.com/
      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

Comment

Originally posted by mkapitz View Post
        Looking into purchasing a used cooler and some of the available units in my area have a swinging door entry along with a latching, insulated door.

Has anyone had experience with replacing a swinging door with a custom panel or a separately purchased panel? I'm not familiar with how interchangeable one manufacturer's panels are with another's but I have seen some single panels available for sale as well.
        Howdy,
        We built our custom door from 2x8, plywood, and a lot of foam insulation. I was able to scavenge cold room door hinges and hardware. Works great, swings smoothly. I still have a set of hinges and exterior/interior latch hardware if you’re looking to DIY it.

Prost!
        Dave
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
        X