Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterdan
    replied
    I just had a small batch (about 250l of a bad oaked stout) distilled in a nearby distillery in Switzerland. The beer was carbonated, about 6.8% abv, and had finished fermenting at 5.5P. The resulting eau-de-vie is really nice. We will bottle and sell them and will be able to recover the cost of the distillation and packaging.

Leave a comment:

• coffeetoast
    replied
    Originally posted by Banjo View Post
    A convenient distillery would be my first call. My second call would be someone who specializes in beverage disposal like Shapiro Enterprises, Biogill, or SLG. They have contacts with ethanol makers who would want that beer.
    There are also lots of distilleries making hand sanitizer, maybe they could use it for that.
    I have to second this for sure. It's hard enough to have to get rid of any product. That's time, effort, and money. Best to contact a place that may pay you a bit for something you have to get rid of anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• banjo
    replied
    A convenient distillery would be my first call. My second call would be someone who specializes in beverage disposal like Shapiro Enterprises, Biogill, or SLG. They have contacts with ethanol makers who would want that beer.
    There are also lots of distilleries making hand sanitizer, maybe they could use it for that.

Leave a comment:

• BigBBrew
    started a topic bad beer to distillery

bad beer to distillery

We have about 20bbls bad beer to dump. Does anyone know if it makes financial sense for any distillery to consider processing a carbonated, fined, but unfiltered, free,1.5-3.5Plato FG, 7%, beer?
Working...
X