Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic regulator for carbing brite tank

Hey y’all,
    I’ve been doing some looking into carbing a brite tank. There are several methods out there. One of them is pressurizing the head space and then set your pressure, and another is step carbing.
    For step carbing could a co2 flow meter be used instead of stepping the regulator up 2psi every hour?
    Do they make a regulator that automatically bumps up the psi up every hour? Because my buddy see it wouldn’t be hard to build a regulator on a timer. It would bump the psi up until it reached the psi you program it to stop at. You can change how long and what pressure on each batch. He said it would cost maybe 1500-4000. He mainly threw out a price. He said you could probably add more regulators to do more tanks if necessary.
    Is this automatic regulator something that would help out the brewing process?
    Is there anything like that out there?
    Would others be interested in something like this?
    Sorry if this has been discussed before. I couldn’t find anything on it.

I don't understand why you would "bump" the pressure at all. When I carbonate a tank, it's set and forget. I'm done in a few hours. Lots of threads here to explain what I call the "isobaric" method. Meaning you carbonate at the same head pressure. No adjustment necessary.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
      I don't understand why you would "bump" the pressure at all. When I carbonate a tank, it's set and forget. I'm done in a few hours. Lots of threads here to explain what I call the "isobaric" method. Meaning you carbonate at the same head pressure. No adjustment necessary.
      Please will everyone just follow this method instead of reinventing the wheel. Set it and forget it, I'm within .05 volumes of target the next morning every time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X