Fermentation tracking and organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fermentation tracking and organization

So we are new to the pro scene. been open for 4 months. I am looking for a way to plan and organize my fermentation schedule. Right now I am using a hard copy calendar but it is not as easy as I think some sort of software or spread sheet would be. Does any one have any recommendations for software to help me with this issue that is pretty reasonable. Being a new brewery money is tight. Let me know what my options are. Also let me know if this is the correct place to ask this question. Wasn't sure where to ask.

Josh

You could build a spreadsheet in OpenOffice, and the software is free from OpenOffice.org....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M View Post
      You could build a spreadsheet in OpenOffice, and the software is free from OpenOffice.org....
      this was my next option. I was hoping maybe some one had one already they wouldn't mind sharing or some sort of inexpensive software I could purchase. I am not the best at excel and not sure how to structure the form. Might be my best bet though.

Josh

Comment

If anyone has a good spreadsheet to share. feel free to send it to me too

Comment

kingsoft makes a good office alternative that can save and open files in .docx and .xlsx extensions, so you can share those files with microsoft office itself.

as for the creation of the spreadsheets, what exactly are you trying to document? just a fermentation schedule and recipe database? or are you trying to track production volume and excise tax liability? i have a few spreadsheets i've created for my nano that you could use if they are applicable to you. shoot me an email, cory AT blackpondbrews DOT com

Comment

We use a "project" gantt chart for tracking. You can get free software to do the job. Here is the one we use:

Comment

I schedule based on beer movement. Which fermenter is really a "look at it and make a plan" type thing for me right now. We have 6 fermenters and 2 brites. I DO track every batch throughout its history using a Access database I created years ago. It handles my production reporting and tax reporting as well as traking each batch and all events related to that batch including lab work now.
              Mike Pensinger
              General Manager/Brewmaster
              Parkway Brewing Company
              Salem, VA

Comment

I am basically looking for a way to plan fermenter time and schedule my beers a few months in advance. I am using a calendar right now and when I put beer in a tank I basically block out three weeks for that fermenter to be "not available" for another batch. so that I can plan out my schedule a few months ahead of time. I dont need to worry about yield, or tax info because I have those logs in place already. This is strickly for fermentation tank availability and scheduling ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin N. View Post
                  We use a "project" gantt chart for tracking. You can get free software to do the job. Here is the one we use:
                  http://www.projectlibre.org/

Thanks for this....giving it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                  X