Keeping couplers clean and organized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping couplers clean and organized

Our walk-in is a little bit of a disaster right now. I want to create a system where my couplers aren't sitting on the floor before being connected to fresh kegs.

How does everyone manage their connections?
    Last edited by whm3223; 08-01-2016, 02:54 PM.

This is still a work-in-progress, but I'm sick and tired of tangled beer/CO2 lines and couplers hanging to the floor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-31 001 New Cooler.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	190993

Two single-keg stations on the left, two tandem (serial) stations on the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-31 002 New Cooler.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	190994

A very handy way to organize lines: Two cable ties (zip ties), one loosely around both lines, the other around the first between the lines.

This set-up is for beer-pumps. With a short-run, gas-pushed system like yours, there is a lot of choker line from each keg. Coil it, zip-tie it, and hang it on the wall.
    Last edited by TGTimm; 06-01-2016, 10:00 AM.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

If you want to get fancy people will hang springs from the roof of the cooler and suspend the lines with that. Also makes things look really clean and neat and you can hang each couple from directly over where the keg goes.

Comment

Interesting....

What do you guys do regarding sanitizing couplers? do you spray them down between applications? Curious if coupler hygiene is a source of issues for anyone....

Also would love to see the photo of the springs implemented

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
          This is still a work-in-progress, but I'm sick and tired of tangled beer/CO2 lines and couplers hanging to the floor.

[ATTACH]34069[/ATTACH]

Two single-keg stations on the left, two tandem (serial) stations on the right.

[ATTACH]34070[/ATTACH]

A very handy way to organize lines: Two cable ties (zip ties), one loosely around both lines, the other around the first between the lines.

This set-up is for beer-pumps. With a short-run, gas-pushed system like yours, there is a lot of choker line from each keg. Coil it, zip-tie it, and hang it on the wall.
          That looks fantastic Timm. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by morrillt View Post
            What do you guys do regarding sanitizing couplers? do you spray them down between applications? Curious if coupler hygiene is a source of issues for anyone....
            Aside from a good scrubbing at every line cleaning (every 10 days or less), we don't bother and it hasn't been a problem. We go through a lot of beer, so nothing sits on the coupler for more than a couple of days.

I should note that our current beer cooler looks an awful lot like yours--just with more kegs, and shared with the kitchen.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by morrillt View Post

Also would love to see the photo of the springs implemented
              I would spray them. It's easy and fast for a little reassurance.

Comment

Originally posted by whm3223 View Post
                That looks fantastic Timm. Thanks for sharing!
                Here's the finished project: http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...570#post168570
                Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                X