Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Century ManufacturingTank Issues Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century ManufacturingTank Issues Please Help!

In our brewery, we have a tank that was designed by Century Manufacturing based out of West Alexandria, Ohio (no longer in business). We have been having consistent issues with this tank not creating a seal, and due to the lack of a proper seal, we have been over-tightening it to get it to seal. The result has been blowing our coils out on the handle that seals the door. Has anyone found a fix that would help this tank become functional again, perhaps another gasket that would seal better, or something else of the sort? I would prefer to know we have something in place to making it work better for us before I get the coils fixed on the handle for a fourth time. It's not my favorite tank, but would be extremely helpful to regain the cooperage in our brewery. Please reach out with any advice, I can send a picture upon request!

Dear Stonearchbrewpubandy,

I have nothing but Century tanks, 5 fermentors and 8 serving tanks. I am not sure what you mean by coils. If you send me a picture at jim.lieb@gmail.com I may be able to help. All of my tanks are shadowed manways. I have replaced all of the gaskets with gaskets from either JVNW or brewerygaskets.com.

Hopefully I can help.

Jim

Comment

Stonearchbrewpubandy,

Let me know if you still need assistance. Sounds like Jim maybe able to help. Feel free to email me pics at stevenb@marksdmw.com and I'll see if we can come up with a solution for you. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by stonearchbrewpubandy View Post
        In our brewery, we have a tank that was designed by Century Manufacturing based out of West Alexandria, Ohio (no longer in business). We have been having consistent issues with this tank not creating a seal, and due to the lack of a proper seal, we have been over-tightening it to get it to seal. The result has been blowing our coils out on the handle that seals the door. Has anyone found a fix that would help this tank become functional again, perhaps another gasket that would seal better, or something else of the sort? I would prefer to know we have something in place to making it work better for us before I get the coils fixed on the handle for a fourth time. It's not my favorite tank, but would be extremely helpful to regain the cooperage in our brewery. Please reach out with any advice, I can send a picture upon request!
        Which size gasket you are using?

Comment

Working...
        X