Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liammckenna
    replied
    Have you looked for starch carryover? Are you certain conversion was complete? also try pushing through a sub-micron filer (0.45 micron) and see if it clears. If it clears via cartridge filtration, it may be biological.

Pax.

Liam

Leave a comment:

• Richard Pivo
    started a topic Mystery porter haze

Mystery porter haze

greetings all. I'm having a clarity issue that I'm kinda stumped on.
    I brewed a 40bbl batch of a carmel porter for a seasonal release and can't seem to get it to clarify. It has a noticeable muddyness to it.

The grist was a Munich base with about 5.8% carmel 80 malt, 5.8% midnight wheat and 7.3% roast oats.
    mashing and boiling procedures were typical for us including whirlfloc dosage..
    we fermented with a fresh pitch of A-84 Irish @65f and had no issues with fermentation and attenuation.
    after terminal was reached it was ran through a plate and frame with 5 micron pads but still had a noticeable haze. We use the same filtration regime on our lagers and get a crystal clear product.
    I dosed 2L of biofine into the brite last Friday after filtration and let it sit over the weekend with little to no impact.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I'm kinda stumped and in a pinch to hit my release date on this one so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Working...
X