Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foaming issue w/spirits

Hi,

We are a soda company and have canned soda successfully with our system. We are now attempting to add spirits to our soda and are having issues with foaming. We are canning from a bright tank so all of the product is mixed together ahead of time just like our soda was.

Is there any reason that the spirit itself would make a product more likely to foam when packaging?

John

Ethanol is slightly more viscous than water, rather to my surprise, so this may account for it, though I must admit to being surprised at this apparent level of difference in effect. Various lab research have shown that low levels of ethanol in beer increase the head retention, i,e, foam stability, but high levels reduce it. No idea what the transition alcohol content is though as it wasn't shown in the abstracts.
    dick

Comment

Originally posted by Rambling1 View Post
      Hi,

We are a soda company and have canned soda successfully with our system. We are now attempting to add spirits to our soda and are having issues with foaming. We are canning from a bright tank so all of the product is mixed together ahead of time just like our soda was.

Is there any reason that the spirit itself would make a product more likely to foam when packaging?

John
      At what temperature does the foaming occur?
      Any proteins in the beverage?

Cheers
      Fred

Comment

Working...
      X