No announcement yet.

Best location for oxygenation assembly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best location for oxygenation assembly?

Hi!

I'm using an inline micro-oxygenation assembly like the GWKent one (http://www.gwkent.com/micro-oxygenat...ssembly-1.html). At the moment I have it inline nearest the fermenter, but I'd like to move it to hang off of the heat exchanger. Is there an ideal location for oxygenation? If I hang it off the HX, will I get excessive o2 breakout due to aggregation of bubbles, or am I wasting gas by having it nearest the fermenter?

Thanks in advance,
    Blake
    The Alementary

Your method of having the stone close to the fermentor sounds more efficient from an oxygen use standpoint.

That being said I believe most brewers attach the stone assembly to the HEX to keep it safe, off of the floor, and make it convenient to clean.

As long as either method gives you consistent results you should be fine since Oxygen isn't a huge cost per barrel produced.

Comment

I've always had the O2 stone just of the HX. by adding O2 there you're giving the gas the length of the transfer hose to dissolve into the wort. That gives you better O2 into the wort.
      Manuel

Comment

Working...
      X