Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmogger
    replied
    Since the beer is going to be different anyways I would try a straight substitute and not worry about it unless you have a large volume. .5 # per barrel is a lot of hops even with whole flower hops. How long do you leave the dry hop bags in the conditioning/brite tank?

Leave a comment:

• planbbrewing
    replied
    Sorry, forgot to mention I was only concerned with dry hopping. I know the IBU's will change and that part is fine, just wondering about dry hopping.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Beer_Nut
    replied
    I would suggest figuring out your IBU, here is a link that gives you a formula. Once you have the IBU for your beer with the Centennial, plug in the info from the Cascade and tweak it until your IBU is the same.

Leave a comment:

• planbbrewing
    started a topic Changing hops

Changing hops

Hi,

Our brewery is thinking of switching our IPA from Centennial whole hops to Cascade whole hops (there is a variety of reasons, not just to change the taste). The question I have is when dry hopping, can I do a direct substitute, ie if we were doing 8 oz/bbl of centennial, can we just switch to 8 oz/bbl of cascade? Or do factors like the difference in total oil affect things and need to be taken into consideration. Some of what I read says it will impact things but can't seem to find out how or what you should do about it. Do I need to increase the amount of cascade I will be using?

Cheers,

Mark
Working...
X