Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• larsmudrak
    replied
    You got it South Country, on some our high gravity beers I use oxygen but right now I'm just using the "Oxynator" and those small O2 cylinders from Lowes and we go through them really fast if I use them for all our beers.

Leave a comment:

• South County
    replied
    Originally posted by HinduKush
    Splashing into the primary?
    Pumping wort into the top of the primary fermenter and letting it fall to the cone to aerate?! that's how I read it.

Leave a comment:

• HinduKush
    replied
    Originally posted by larsmudrak
    I brew a chili pepper beer that calls for 18 oz sliced jalapenos per bbl (mostly pale malt and 20% crystal 60) and have noticed that it stays active in the primary much longer (around 16 days sometimes ...) than beers with similar malt recipes. I also recently started brewing a holiday porter with spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove) and have noticed the same thing. Both use US-05 and I aerate by splashing into the primary. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any similar patterns and might have any suggestions to speed up primary fermentation. Thanks!
    Splashing into the primary?

Leave a comment:

• larsmudrak
    started a topic Spices slowing fermentation???

Spices slowing fermentation???

I brew a chili pepper beer that calls for 18 oz sliced jalapenos per bbl (mostly pale malt and 20% crystal 60) and have noticed that it stays active in the primary much longer (around 16 days sometimes ...) than beers with similar malt recipes. I also recently started brewing a holiday porter with spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove) and have noticed the same thing. Both use US-05 and I aerate by splashing into the primary. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any similar patterns and might have any suggestions to speed up primary fermentation. Thanks!
Working...
X