Centennial hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centennial hops

I just tried to order Centennial hops on the spot market. Apparently my supplier doesn't have any left

They are suggesting a blend of 70% Cascades and 30% Columbus to achieve a similar flavor profile.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried this? Also, what other substitutions could I try?

Thanks,
    Tim

just found out the same thing. Who else sells centennial?

thx
    K

Comment

Originally posted by gallon
      I just tried to order Centennial hops on the spot market. Apparently my supplier doesn't have any left

They are suggesting a blend of 70% Cascades and 30% Columbus to achieve a similar flavor profile.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried this? Also, what other substitutions could I try?

Thanks,
      Tim
      That is the time honored blend. Back in the olden times, before the hop "shortage" of 2006, Hop Union would sub Centennial-type hops if they were out of Centennial. 70/30 was the blend.
      Cheers!
      David R. Pierce

Comment

Columbus was not available on the spot market from my supplier. Cascades were available. I have been told to start contracting hops again.

Comment

Try Country malt group or brewers supply group??

Comment

Also talk to Hollingbery and Sons, Gorst Valley, Williamette valley. Plenty of hops out there.

Comment

Working...
            X