recipie convestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recipie convestion

I have a few recipies that Im going to be scaling form 7 bbls up to 10. Ive done 7 to 14 before but brewed both beers on the same system. This will be to give to someone elses brewery. Is the process the same? Should I scale up and then adjust based on their effeciency? I will be doing water annalysis this week also to see if any adjustments need to be made there. I want to be sure not to miss anything. Thanks.
    "Uncle" Frank
    Frank Fermino
    Brewer I, Redhook, Portsmouth, NH
    Writer, Yankee Brew News, New England
    Wise-ass, Everywhere, Always

Im guessing since there is no response ot this it means Im just simply overthinking this. There is no real roll of the dice here and just scalle up. Eh?
    "Uncle" Frank
    Frank Fermino

Comment

The process should be roughly the same. Technically speaking, hop utilization, kettle caramelization, etc... can and do function differently between systems, but not on a meaningful level most of the time. The best approach IMO is to simply scale everything linearly. I've taken homebrew batches and scaled them up to 10, 15, and 30bbls with perfect results. Many of my commercial recipes are linearly scaled up from my days as a homebrewer (on a 1bbl system).

Comment

Thanks. I have dont that in the past but not 1 bbl to 7. It was 5 gallons to 7 bbls so I used Promash for the hop changes. Grain was 1:1 but hop utilization was different. Anyway, thats how Im rolling and who knows, it might even be better! Cheers!
        "Uncle" Frank
        Frank Fermino

Comment

Working...
        X