Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewing Process and Theory

Collapse

Sub-Forums Topics Posts Last Post
Process and Techniques (Sponsored by CPE Systems)
The art and science of brewing
Topics: 2,345 Posts: 15,079
Last Post: Long Lauter time
2,345 15,079
dick murton
Recipe Formulation (Sponsored By Novozymes) Recipe Formulation (Sponsored By Novozymes)
A forum to share ideas, comments and questions in recipe and style formulation
Topics: 515 Posts: 3,542
515 3,542
Markk
by Markk
Quality Control (Available for Sponsorship)
General discussion on brewery Quality Control issues
Topics: 526 Posts: 3,369
526 3,369
theaviator

Login / Register

Collapse

ProBrewer Subscriptions

View previous newsletters.

Latest Posts

Collapse

• Mattieu
    Flakes % - is it too much?
    by Mattieu
    Fellows
    We tested a beer on our pilot system. It has 78% grain; 15% flaked wheat and 7% Flaked Oats. No issues.
    We will now brew on 2 vessels, 10 BBL system. We will use rice husks and go with a thinner mash at 152*F but I wonder if we will have a stuck mash... We plan on brewing back...
    07-07-2020, 06:27 AM
  • Amit
    Do Hop oils float?
    by Amit
    I notice that post racking an IPA or DIPA I tend to have a lot of hop character for 2 days and then it begins to gradually dip until in a week or 2 I feel I am not drinking the same beer anymore. But it improves again just before finishing. Dry hop contact time is 2 days.

Today I took a...
    07-03-2020, 09:28 AM
  • Mathias
    Long Lauter time
    by Mathias
    Hey everyone, i have searched the forum and found a lot of good information, on some of my problems. I brew on a 40 hl brew system with wet mill, mashtun with mixer, lautertun with rakes(2,3m), kettle/whirlpool. I frequently have problems with very long lautering time of 5-6hours, with 500-1000kg malt...
    07-03-2020, 03:36 AM
  • theaviator
    haze measurement devices
    by theaviator
    I am experimenting withe finnings to clarify one of my beer. To the naked eye it looks better but I will like to have a better measuring tool. Now I saw an article from fisher scientific of theire meter AQ3010 to mesure haze. But it cost an arm and a leg. I found a more afordable one AQ2010 but can...
    07-02-2020, 05:06 PM

Trending

Collapse

• Mattieu
    Flakes % - is it too much?
    by Mattieu
    Fellows
    We tested a beer on our pilot system. It has 78% grain; 15% flaked wheat and 7% Flaked Oats. No issues.
    We will now brew on 2 vessels, 10 BBL system. We will use rice husks and go with a thinner mash at 152*F but I wonder if we will have a stuck mash... We plan on brewing back...
    07-07-2020, 06:27 AM
  • Mathias
    Long Lauter time
    by Mathias
    Hey everyone, i have searched the forum and found a lot of good information, on some of my problems. I brew on a 40 hl brew system with wet mill, mashtun with mixer, lautertun with rakes(2,3m), kettle/whirlpool. I frequently have problems with very long lautering time of 5-6hours, with 500-1000kg malt...
    07-03-2020, 03:36 AM
Working...
X