Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewing Process and Theory

Collapse

Sub-Forums Topics Posts Last Post
Beverage Conditioning Q&A (Sponsored by Quantiperm)
The Beverage Conditioning Forum covers discussions regarding a multitude of processes that affect the final outcome of the entire brewing process. Example Carbonation, Nitrogenating, Deoxygenation, Barrel Conditioning, etc. These conditioning processes contribute to a beer
Topics: 20 Posts: 133
20 133
Process and Techniques
The art and science of brewing
Topics: 2,361 Posts: 15,071
2,361 15,071
Quality Control
General discussion on brewery Quality Control issues
Topics: 531 Posts: 3,391
531 3,391
HeavyHands
Recipe Formulation Recipe Formulation
A forum to share ideas, comments and questions in recipe and style formulation
Topics: 521 Posts: 3,560
Last Post: Blue Agave usage
521 3,560
Jim Lieb

Login / Register

Collapse

ProBrewer Subscriptions

View previous newsletters.

Latest Posts

Collapse

• Jim Lieb
    Blue Agave usage
    by Jim Lieb
    I was kicking around the idea of using blue agave in a beer, which I have never done. I was looking for some feedback from anyone who has used it. Has anyone done this? How much did you use? Any particular characteristics for the blue agave?
    Today, 02:23 PM
  • Yury
    White ring in botles of oatmeal porter
    by Yury
    I've brewed a porter with oatmeal and bottled it. After around one and a half year in the bottles I've noticed white ring where the beer surface touches the bottle. Beer tastes as expected (good), and this is for sure not mold, because there is no "white stuff" floating on the surface of beer....
    Today, 08:47 AM
  • LagerBear
    Anyone here flash pasteurizes hard cider?
    by LagerBear
    Hi all
    Just started brewing semi sweet hard apple cider.
    I have an online flash pasteurizer and was wondering if there is a rule of thumb for how many PU's to aim for.
    My cider is 5% ABV, not filtered.
    ingredients are : 100% apple juice (the juice is bought pasteurized) and beer...
    01-19-2021, 03:45 PM
  • jamiemcmillan
    NON Alcholic Beer- how to make it on a 20 bbl system.
    by jamiemcmillan
    With the sober curious craze and the trend towards being leaner and more athletic we are curious about brewing a non alcoholic beer. My thoughts are to use distillation techniques to evaporate the alcohol out of fermented beer with a slow rise in the boil kettle from 112 to 175 degrees F. Letting the...
    01-19-2021, 10:14 AM
  • Pivopivec
    Dry hopping during active fermentation
    by Pivopivec
    Hello,

I use unitanks for fermentation and carbonation. I dont have a carbonation stone, just set high head pressure to speed up carbonation and when is done ( one week) then set the pressure according to the beer temp and carbonation level.

So the idea is to dry hop during...
    01-18-2021, 06:10 AM

Trending

Collapse

• Jim Lieb
    Blue Agave usage
    by Jim Lieb
    I was kicking around the idea of using blue agave in a beer, which I have never done. I was looking for some feedback from anyone who has used it. Has anyone done this? How much did you use? Any particular characteristics for the blue agave?
    Today, 02:23 PM
  • Yury
    White ring in botles of oatmeal porter
    by Yury
    I've brewed a porter with oatmeal and bottled it. After around one and a half year in the bottles I've noticed white ring where the beer surface touches the bottle. Beer tastes as expected (good), and this is for sure not mold, because there is no "white stuff" floating on the surface of beer....
    Today, 08:47 AM
  • jamiemcmillan
    NON Alcholic Beer- how to make it on a 20 bbl system.
    by jamiemcmillan
    With the sober curious craze and the trend towards being leaner and more athletic we are curious about brewing a non alcoholic beer. My thoughts are to use distillation techniques to evaporate the alcohol out of fermented beer with a slow rise in the boil kettle from 112 to 175 degrees F. Letting the...
    01-19-2021, 10:14 AM
  • LagerBear
    Anyone here flash pasteurizes hard cider?
    by LagerBear
    Hi all
    Just started brewing semi sweet hard apple cider.
    I have an online flash pasteurizer and was wondering if there is a rule of thumb for how many PU's to aim for.
    My cider is 5% ABV, not filtered.
    ingredients are : 100% apple juice (the juice is bought pasteurized) and beer...
    01-19-2021, 03:45 PM
  • Pivopivec
    Dry hopping during active fermentation
    by Pivopivec
    Hello,

I use unitanks for fermentation and carbonation. I dont have a carbonation stone, just set high head pressure to speed up carbonation and when is done ( one week) then set the pressure according to the beer temp and carbonation level.

So the idea is to dry hop during...
    01-18-2021, 06:10 AM
Working...
X