Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collab Brews, TTB and other considerations

Hello Y'all,

We are a few weeks away from opening and are looking to brew collab beers with friends in town to help build hype and have some sales pre-open. We have our brewers notice but I wanted to se if anyone has any insight as to what we need in place permit wise, and how others have navigated similar situations.

TTB mentioned that we would need a wholesalers permit to purchase the beer from our collaborators and I am looking at getting that process started now. Is that something anyone else has run into?

Thanks for any advice y'all might have!

Cheers!

Are you split batch fermenting in both breweries (ie: wort is not beer) ? or only fermenting at the brewery you do not own?

Comment

We have our brewers notice but I wanted to se if anyone has any insight as to what we need in place permit wise, and how others have navigated similar situations.

TTB mentioned that we would need a wholesalers permit to purchase the beer from our collaborators and I am looking at getting that process started now. Is that something anyone else has run into?
      HI there. You should be able to buy beer from your collaborators under your brewer's notice. I don't see why a separate wholesaler permit would be required. Typically, you could have the beer brewed under contract (essentially they brew it on your behalf) and bring it in that way. You should be able to avoid going through a distributor that way too. Some of this depends on what state you are in. Check with your local authority's rules on contract brewing.

Dan Christopherson
      Christopherson Brew Law
      dan@brew.law
      720-515-8773
      Dan Christopherson
      Christopherson Brew Law
      Littleton, CO 80128
      (720) 515-8773
      dan@brew.law
      brew.law

Comment

Working...