COLA Submission Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLA Submission Help

I've submitted about 15 COLA's and I get confused every time I get a submission returned for changes. Can someone explain the difference between Brand Name and Fanciful Name as most of my comments are about those. They also keep telling me that I don't have a class and type statement. What exactly are these? I've read through the regulations and its in legal double talk so it doesn't help me.

For example I submitted this yesterday:

Brand Name:COFFEE CHOCOLATE CAYENNE PTP PORTER
    Fanciful Name: COFFEE CHOCOLATE CAYENNE PORTER

I got these comments back:
    • Your label does not have a class and type statement or designation in accordance with TTB Ruling 2015-1. Please see Attachment Two of the Ruling to view examples of acceptable statements of composition/designations that need to appear on your label.
    • Additional Clarification:
    • Suggestion: Coffee Chocolate Cayenne Porter
    • You cannot use the same language in the brand and fanciful name fields, you will need two different names to appear in each fields.

Why are they suggesting I remove the PTP part from the label? This is what we have named this beer.
    I also don't understand the second comment. It is close, but it is missing the PTP part so not entirely the same.

Very confused and they are no longer taking calls for help at the TTB.

Thank you

Can you add the label here so I can see? Email me if you prefer dan@brew.law
    Dan Christopherson
    Christopherson Brew Law
    Littleton, CO 80128
    (720) 515-8773
    dan@brew.law
    brew.law

Comment

It's just a keg collar:Click image for larger version

Name:	Coffee Chocolate Cayenne PTP Keg Collar.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	300901