Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my Brewer's Notice: What Comes Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Brewer's Notice: What Comes Next?

I received my Brewer's Notice in March. I'm working on my State now which has come with a few headaches all from the county. But, I'm seeing the light at the end of a long tunnel. I have done 0 business obviously, but I did file my tax and business report to the two proper authorities last week. I also had to file a State LLC annual report along with a nice fee of $200 (seems like nothing but a money grab to me).

So once I get my state approval and get everything signed off by the locals, what is necessary? I know I have to get label approvals but what am I missing?

In my state you also need to have health department/Ag department License/permit.

Comment

Now what

Originally posted by AGB View Post
      I received my Brewer's Notice in March. I'm working on my State now which has come with a few headaches all from the county. But, I'm seeing the light at the end of a long tunnel. I have done 0 business obviously, but I did file my tax and business report to the two proper authorities last week. I also had to file a State LLC annual report along with a nice fee of $200 (seems like nothing but a money grab to me).

So once I get my state approval and get everything signed off by the locals, what is necessary? I know I have to get label approvals but what am I missing?
      Once you are fully licensed, you are going to need to register your brands with the state, appoint your distributor(s) (if applicable), track production and sales, and continue regular reporting and paying taxes to the state and feds. Some states require formula disclosures and alcohol content lab testing.

If you had intent-to-use trademark application, you should take care to ensure you engage in interstate commerce with the marks and finish the registrations.

If you ever use non-traditional ingredients, you will need to get TTB formula approvals.

If you sell in multiple states, or if your state requires it, you will need to get COLAs for your labels.

If/when you change your premises (moving walls, adding brewery equipment), or your company (adding/deleting owners, etc.), you will need to amend your state license and your brewer's notice.

Congrats and good luck!
      Dan Christopherson
      Christopherson Brew Law
      Littleton, CO 80128
      (720) 515-8773
      dan@brew.law
      brew.law

Comment

Working...
      X