VA ABC labelling violation issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA ABC labelling violation issue

This is a stupid problem to have, but here I am. 2.5 years ago I took over a small brewery in VA without really knowing what I was doing. One of the former brewers stuck around for a couple weeks to make sure I knew how to do what I needed to, including taxes. I don't have a problem with the taxes, but with labels. I was told that if the beer isn't going to leave the taproom, there wasn't a reason to get a brand new label approved, just report the kegs sold under a different approved label. I recently found out that that's not the case, and have approved everything since then.

Unfortunately, I also found out that I'm up for an ABC audit, and I've got sales records for beers that were never approved because they were only ever served in our taproom. Anyone have experience with violations for beers sold without label approval with the VA ABC? I'm mostly just trying to figure out how bad this is gonna be. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You need a label for ever beer.

You need a label to register every brand in VA. All the need on it is the name, style, ABV, and warning. For beers not leaving the tap room it can be a simple word doc. That is how I did it. It will cost $30 per beer to register.

Comment

Originally posted by brewmaster 2011 View Post
      You need a label to register every brand in VA. All the need on it is the name, style, ABV, and warning. For beers not leaving the tap room it can be a simple word doc. That is how I did it. It will cost $30 per beer to register.
      At this point I'm aware, but there's not a ton I can do to rectify what has been done already. I'm asking if anyone has been in a similar boat, since there's not really anything I can do to change what's already happened. Thank you for the information.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X