Changing & Adding labels, do I need to resubmit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing & Adding labels, do I need to resubmit

I currently have all my beers COLA approved with just keg collars but am wondering if I need to get my can labels approved as well. Can labels are newer than the keg collars, only reason why they weren't submitted with the keg collar. All the same info is on the label that's on the collar.

Labels for cans & keg rings

Hi there. You will almost certainly need a separate approval for your keg rings and your bottle/can labels. TTB lists allowable changes to approved labels (List of Allowable Changes to Approved labels) that cover minor changes to approved labels, but you likely have information on your bottle/can labels that is not shown on your keg rings.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Dan Christopherson
    Christopherson Brew Law
    Littleton, CO 80128
    (720) 515-8773
    dan@brew.law
    brew.law

Comment

Do you know if you resubmit if you can add the new labels to the old approved COLA approval or does it need to be a new entry?

Originally posted by Brew Law View Post
      Hi there. You will almost certainly need a separate approval for your keg rings and your bottle/can labels. TTB lists allowable changes to approved labels (List of Allowable Changes to Approved labels) that cover minor changes to approved labels, but you likely have information on your bottle/can labels that is not shown on your keg rings.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

Originally posted by hoke162 View Post
        Do you know if you resubmit if you can add the new labels to the old approved COLA approval or does it need to be a new entry?

You will need to make a new submission. Your old COLA continues to stay in place as approved, unless/until you surrender it (no reason to surrender typically).
        Dan Christopherson
        Christopherson Brew Law
        Littleton, CO 80128
        (720) 515-8773
        dan@brew.law
        brew.law

Comment

Working...
        X