Any body with experience with Glacier tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body with experience with Glacier tanks

Does anybody have any experience with any of the Glacier Tank fermenters? I am interested in any feed back at all. I believe they are made from really thin S/Steel but am curious to the quality of build.

Many Thanks

I think the guys at Bonfire use them. I'd give them a shout.

Comment

bump

Bumping this thread. I am particularly interested in the non-jacket BBT's

If anybody has used them let me know your thoughts on or off forum.

Thanks.
      Scott LaFollette
      Fifty West Brewing Company
      Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

I'm in the process of getting info from Glacier right now. I have read some somewhat negative things about their smaller tanks (thin metal, shotty welds, silicone used to "patch" non sanitary welds) but I have yet to find anyone using any of their bigger stuff. I'm looking at the jacketed brites (which are rated to 15psi) and they claim that they are 12 gauge stainless. I'm hoping that a tank like this will get me at least a couple of years into my startup when I can afford to expand and buy higher quality tanks.
        I'll let you know what I find out from them.

Matt
        -Matt Geary
        PUBLIC Brewing Co
        Kenosha, WI

Things about me you didn't know? Well, English is my second language. Growing up in my house, we spoke Sarcasm. Fluently.

Comment

Just spoke with Nick at Glacier. Sounds like they are making a strong effort to provide quality tanks. They are inspecting the build and material quality of every tank they get from their manufacturer. They are also offering a 1 year warranty and Nick said they would absolutely work to resolve any problems. I'm hoping to get some references from them soon.

Matt
          -Matt Geary
          PUBLIC Brewing Co
          Kenosha, WI

Things about me you didn't know? Well, English is my second language. Growing up in my house, we spoke Sarcasm. Fluently.

Comment

I just bought three

I am waiting on delivery of three tanks from Glacier. I purchased them in May. Original delivery date was 6/23. Shipping delay. Was due again about 3 weeks later. They say they have the tanks, but they were not happy with some of the welds, so they are going over the tanks and bringing them up to their standards. They are supposed to ship by end of this week. We will see. I will let you know when I get them.

Rich
            Buckeye Lake Brewery

Comment

Glacier Tanks

I recently took delivery of a non-jacketed conical and a single wall brite tank from Nick Roelle @ Glacier Tanks. I have been impressed at the quality of the tanks for the price and the service of Glacier Tanks in general. They are heavy walled tanks, not to be confused with the non-pressure rated thin-walled water tanks that Glacier has been carrying for years. Online comments about the water tanks seem to be filtering into the discussions of Glacier's new line of Brewing Tanks. I found this out when checking out the company online before making my purchase.

I have to say that having fabricated a lot of Brewery Equipment locally, and watching the small brewery tank sales for the last few years on a weekly basis, that these tanks offer serious bang for the buck. Also, the salesman, Nick, keeps regular contact and provided all information that I ask for. Imagine that.

I have not used the tanks yet as our license approvals are expected this week.

Chris Kogut
              Nailcreek Pub & Brewery
              Utica, NY

Comment

Hey guys... just wondering if you've had an opportunity to use your glacier tanks yet? If so, any updates on quality? What size did you get? We're thinking of getting a few of their smaller 50 gallon fermenters and was just curious...

Thanks...
                Last edited by LeftTurnOnly; 11-29-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Good Tanks

I've been using my non-jacketed conical and a brite tank happily. The brewers from Saranac checked them out and thought they were great as well. I get great service from Nick @ Glacier and am considering buying a couple more soon.

Comment

Just kegged the first batch out of the single wall conicals I bought. Everything went well from order to delivery, all as promised besides a minor shipping delay. Overall very happy with the tanks.
                    Luch Scremin
                    Engine 15 Brewing Co.
                    luch at engine15 dot com

Comment

I ordered a 3bbl bright tank last week. Will post back. So far they were very professional to work with.
                      If you read all the posts on the different forums it seems that someone looked at one of thier water tanks and posted alot of inacurate information.

Comment

Well, 5 1/2 months have passed since paying deposit and no tank yet. This is a little dis concerning.

Comment

"Well, 5 1/2 months have passed since paying deposit and no tank yet. This is a little dis concerning."

Very worrisome. I was thinking about ordering a kettle and mashtun from them.

Comment

We got our brite tank last week and so far have been very happy. I am waiting for a couple of parts from other vendors so its not operational yet but everything is well built.
                            Tim Eichinger
                            Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

Originally posted by callmetim
                              We got our brite tank last week and so far have been very happy. I am waiting for a couple of parts from other vendors so its not operational yet but everything is well built.
                              Tim, when did you place the original order?
                              Kevin Shertz
                              Chester River Brewing Company
                              Chestertown, MD

Comment

Working...
                              X