X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• einhorn
    replied
    Originally posted by revnatscider
    To buy-in to the exchange program I need to purchase an empty tank. Yes fills are $25 but I need to buy the tank to begin with, at ~$250.

I'm never going to be done with the tank so it's not something I'll sell back at some point.
    Yes, but you avoid paying rent per month. After about 1 year you have paid for the tank.

Leave a comment:

• revnatscider
    replied
    I'll happily hear more opinions about this Phillip, but it's important to note that it doesn't add to global warming. CO2 suppliers pull the gas from the air we breathe. Farting adds to global warming though.

Leave a comment:

• gitchegumee
    replied
    I've asked this question repeatedly on several threads: why are you venting? Nobody has given me an answer. IMHO It is totally unnecessary and a waste of CO2. Will somebody please tell me why cooling the beer to 2C, setting the head pressure to 1 bar, and then slowly carbonating through a stone WITHOUT VENTING will not work just as fast, if not faster than wasting CO2 and adding just a little bit more to global warming unnecessarily?

Leave a comment:

• revnatscider
    replied
    To buy-in to the exchange program I need to purchase an empty tank. Yes fills are $25 but I need to buy the tank to begin with, at ~$250.

I'm never going to be done with the tank so it's not something I'll sell back at some point.

Leave a comment:

• einhorn
    replied
    50 lb bottle of CO2 for $250? I fill a 20 lb for ballpark $30.

My best recommendation is to "buy" the big tank and avoid paying "rent" per month. You can sell back the tank what you paid when you are done with it. Cost of usage $0.

Leave a comment:

• Fullcourt
    replied
    Just get another 20Lb for a backup.

Leave a comment:

• revnatscider
    started a topic CO2 use for carbonating 10bbl to 2 volumes

CO2 use for carbonating 10bbl to 2 volumes

I have a smaller 20 lb CO2 cylinder currently but will be stepping up to my 10 bbl brite tank this weekend and need to know if my current cylinder size holds enough to carbonate that much liquid to 2 volumes CO2.

I know 2 volumes is 3.92 g/L so I could do the math and discover that (3.92*1173) is 4598 grams so a bit over 10 lbs, which is less than my full 20 lb tank. But I plan to vent the top and keep the stone bubbling for rapid carbing. What I don't know is how much CO2 is vented during this process. Double? Five times? Cash is tight so I'm hoping to avoid a 50 lbs tank for $250.

I could just plan to run out and do an exchange real quick.
Working...
X