Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Brewery Planner 2nd edition worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Brewery Planner 2nd edition worth it?

Does anyone know if the book Brewery Planner, Second Edition: A Guide to Opening and Running Your Own Small Brewery contains any helpful information. The book was published in 1998 and costs at least $350. It's impossible to find anything useful online and I just wanted to know if it contained any useful data and is worth the price.

Do not buy it!!!!!

Hi, got this second edition for $200 at ebay. I think most people get it for collection purposes or hopping to get a detailed info guide on building a brewery "using used dairy equipment", a chapter that is not included in the new edition. I can´t argue if some get it for colletion purposes, but the dairy equipment chapter is only 2 pages long and contains very general useless info. If you still want the book, I can sell mine for what I paid!

Comment

I'd highly recommend Tom Hennessy's book, "Brewery Operations Manual." Only $20 and well worth every penny.
      Learn how to open & run a successful brewery. This Brewery Operations Manual is a complete "to do" list that will guide you through the maze of events necessary to open your own brewery without spending the family fortune. This is real nuts and bolts stuff. Within the three steps you'll learn how to: *Save money so less is needed *Pick the type of locations that will save you time and money *Piece together a brewery for a fraction of the cost of a turn-key system *Follow an easy bookkeeping system to track your business in real time *Utilize a kick-ass business system to run your brewery Tom Hennessy is the owner of Colorado Boy Pub & Brewery. It is his sixth brewery over the past 18 years. He is the creator of Frankenbrew, a cult classic 1995 video on how to build inexpensive breweries. Tom teaches an Immersion course on how to open breweries. Information at www.coloradoboy.com
      Kevin Shertz
      Chester River Brewing Company
      Chestertown, MD

Comment

Originally posted by ChesterBrew View Post
        I'd highly recommend Tom Hennessy's book, "Brewery Operations Manual." Only $20 and well worth every penny.
        http://www.lulu.com/shop/tom-henness...-20402206.html
        I second this motion. Very helpful book.
        Jon Sheldon
        Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
        Bugnutty Brewing Company
        www.bugnutty.com

Comment

I read "Brewery Operations Manual." but would like to read Brewery Planner as well.
          Now I come across few books same name, different authors.
          To be precise I would like to buy the one with best and biggest part about utilizing dairy equipment.
          Can you help me please with year, author of that book ?
          Is this 2nd edition of book you are talking about?

Brewery Planner: A Guide to Opening and Running Your Own Small Brewery Paperback – 1 Dec 1996
          by Brewers Publications (Author, Compiler), Elizabeth Gold (Editor), Kim Adams (Editor), Theresa Duggan (Editor)
          Who wrote first edition - the good one?

Comment

Working...
          X