Texas brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas brewers

Does anyone have experience with a brewery location protest through TABC? Haven't even submitted any paperwork yet, just trying to figure out if I should take the next step on a particular location and build on it. Not planning anything real big; 1500 sq ft building and a 5-7 bbl system. No taproom, public tastings or consumption on premises. There are residences within 300 feet, but I know of other Texas breweries that are in close proximity to residences and churches.

Any insight or experiences appreciated.

Craig.

Is there a particular reason you think a protest will occur? Just a general concern?

If you are going to need local approval to build on the property then that is more likely to be where you find the first challenge to the location. People in the community are likely more tuned in to what is going on with the city government than they are about what a state agency is doing. If there is an uproar against you at the local location then you can expect to see a protest filed with the TABC.

Getting to know the local community (particularly the neighborhood near your location) and considering a PR campaign to avoid a protest at any level would probably be a good first option.
    DFW Employment Lawyer
    http://kielichlawfirm.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

It's just a general concern since I know you can't please everybody. The city does need to certify the location as wet, but there is no zoning and I've told anyone who has asked what my plans are. The PR campaign is a good idea to help alleviate any concerns the neighbors might have and I did ask TABC if I could include more than the "form letter" when the time comes.

Thanks again,
      Craig.

Comment

Working...
      X