Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtime tasks

Hey y'all,

I was wondering what you all do for your downtime tasks.
    We have a slow season here and I am wondering what we will do to fill our time.
    Any suggestions?

I know it's been a little while since you posted, but if you're still looking for downtime tasks, I can share what we do here.

We're in our downtime now, and I use the time for:

Deep Cleaning: Everything, Everywhere. Floors, sinks, nooks, crannies, chemical tables, fittings, etc. Anything that hasn't been scrubbed, soaked, or shined in a while, do so.

Training: In the Army, we used to call it "hip pocket training." Use the BA website, Probrewer, trade pubs, etc. Find information about stuff you don't know about, and have it handy, use whatever down time you have here and there to brush up on knowledge or learn something new, but do it in small bites so your eyes don't glaze over. Also a good time to develop or improve your sensory training/panel you can do with your staff. Lots of info on DIY flavor spiking out there, or you can get kits through BSG if you want to spend the cash.

Check your processes, improve them where needed, check them again: I spend time at least once a week going over our costs and where we can trim the excess to increase our margins. I'm also checking in with our sales team this week to see where we can make their lives easier and free them up to get new business. If you've got free time, maybe someone else in your organization is drowning and could use a hand.

Comment

Working...
    X