Outdoor Fermenter Installation-Pictures Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Fermenter Installation-Pictures Wanted

I’m getting scrutiny from our city environmental health inspector regarding two 7BBL conical fermenters that I have installed outside of our brewery. The tanks are insulated, jacketed and connected to our glycol system.

His issue is that they are not covered or enclosed.

I have written a lengthy letter explaining our tank cleaning/sanitation process, transfer process and the inherent food safety qualities of beer. Emphasis is on the fact that wort/beer is temperature controlled and isn’t exposed to the atmosphere or oxygen once it goes into a sanitized tank.

I’m hoping to show pictures of outdoor tanks that exist in other breweries that are similarly installed-with no overhead covering or enclosure other than a security fence. I think this could be anonymous, but names and at least the state where the brewery is located would be helpful.

Post or PM me a picture or other information if you can.

Thanks!!

You can Google maps any large production brewery, for instance the

Miller Brewery in Milwaukee, WI has at least 26 large fermenter outdoors... GPS: 43.04080660692883, -87.96254754603108

Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY: GPS: 42.6267246762449, -74.94498055623005

Worlds largest six pack: https://maps.app.goo.gl/b2KK5oNXDCFAgANC8
    Six Sigma Master Blackbelt - Lean manufacturing expert. Beer production is food manufacturing. Why not do it efficiently!

Comment

Working...
    X