10" Tri-Clamp Vent Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" Tri-Clamp Vent Opening

Hey there. We are setting up our new Alpha Brewing brewhouse right now, and there is something I cannot figure out. On our quote, for the kettle and whirlpool vent, the quote says it has a " 10" Tri-Clamp Vent opening"
    It also has a condensate ring built into it. I have pieces of 10" single wall Z-Vent piping, but it does not fit inside the ring. Can someone shed some light on this for me? When I see it has a 10" Tri-Clamp, I assume it has a area for a gasket with a spot to put a tri-clamp, and that I can buy a pipe with a triple-clamp connection. I tried contacting Alpha, but they have not answered yet.

My guess is it has a 10" tri-clamp opening, and you have the option to purchase a stack extension that connects tri-clamp to vent. This would give you the option to use a reducer if you don't need 10" piping, or have the option to do a candy cane or condensate stack that condenses the steam to water for those who can't vent it outside.
    That would be my guess as to the tri-clamp, but as to why they didn't ask or offer you what you need to vent or terminate the kettle stack, I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah thats kinda what I am gathering from this. I read more into it, and it looks like we were supposed to get a condensate stack, but we never did, and thats why it had the tri-clamp opening. Now we have just a regular vent opening.

Comment

Working...
      X