ND Bill to Allow Self-Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND Bill to Allow Self-Distribution

A proposal to allow North Dakota brewpubs to self-distribute, which has been shot down the last few years is now being supported by beer distributors.

The bill would create a new license type that would allow brewpubs that produce up to 25,000 barrels a year to self-distribute.

The brewer taproom license would allow craft brewers to sell to licensed retailers within 150 miles of the brewery, provided the business uses its own equipment, trucks and employees to deliver the beer, and does not exceed certain limits to retailers.

The bill (SB 2284) passed the Senate with a vote of 45-2 with the amendments agreed to by brewers and distributors. Now to pass the House!
    Little Deep Brewing Company
    Minot, North Dakota
    www.littledeepbrewing.com

Comment

The bill was signed into law by Governor Jack Dalrymple on March 21, this was the combined effort of small brewers and distributors in the state. I would also like to thank the Brewers Association for their help with the bill.
      Minot, North Dakota

Comment

I'd love to have that option here in Kentucky. Don't think it'll ever happen though... :/
        Mike Slone
        Co-Founder, Head Brewer
        23 Brewing Company
        Instagram: @23brewingco - Facebook.com/23BrewingCompany

"Beer is the drink of men who think, who feel no fear nor fetter. Who do not drink to senseless sink, but drink to think the better" - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by StarCityBrewing View Post
          I'd love to have that option here in Kentucky. Don't think it'll ever happen though... :/
          I wouldn't say "never."

Comment

It is not like it was just handed to us. This new law was the result of many meeting and hours of discussion between all the breweries and distributors. Most of the brewers showed up to testify in front of the committees. In the end, it was only possible because of the level of cooperation.
            Minot, North Dakota

Comment

Working...
            X