Used Valuation / Market Value on entire brewery package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Valuation / Market Value on entire brewery package

Any thoughts on how to best test the market on expected realized value on a full brewery package?

With mess they made out of the ProBrewer classified listings, it's really hard to use it for research.

We are considering a business move that would require liquidating our current system, which is fully disassembled & ready to sell/ship, and pivoting to an in-place operating brewery.

Not that it's relevant to the question, but the system is a 15 bbl direct fire Specific Mechanical brewhouse w/30 bbl fermenters and a mix of 15 & 30 bbl brites, all manufactured in 2015.

Cheers,
    Randy

Several ways....

It's never easy to part with something that you've put so much energy, money, and time into. The money for shipping, rigging, assembling, commissioning and much of the pipeworks/on-site work will never be recouped. But recently the market has been steady and it might be a good time to sell.

1) Pick a percentage of paid price. 2) Auction. 3) Best offer in a limited time frame through advertising on many channels. 4) Sell to broker. 5) Have me come do an audit/appraisal. Or a mix of above.

I've bought and sold equipment that was sold more than asking price. There was bidding above sales price. You might also want to consider selling outside US. Equipment is always in demand overseas. Especially if it is a "complete" system and comes with a contact for someone who knows how to install and commission in difficult locations. Much depends on how quickly you want to sell and how much effort you want to put into it. Good luck and Happy New Year!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Thanks

We're looking at this with realistic eyes. My opening spreadsheet value for analysis is 50% of new cost from the Specific Mechanical invoice in 2015. We have had 3rd party valuations above and below that number that were provided to our financing bank.

We would be using the funds from liquidation to flip into a system that is currently operating, thereby saving the time, money, and unknown construction variables of building out our intended space. While we would be losing on the liquidation side, we'd be gaining at a relatively similar value on the purchasing side. All parties would be working towards an almost in-kind trade that allowed the other entity to exit a space & financial obligation that is putting their company at risk.

If we were considering engaging you further, how would we talk more? My email is: Randy@ornerybeer.com

Comment

Working...
      X