Best Spray Nozzle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Spray Nozzle?

I have been using Grainger's Westward Industrial spray nozzle, which has a rear guard and has been a marked improvement over lesser open trigger nozzles. However, due to plastic construction, they seem to fail after an indeterminate number of months, and are replaced gratis.

However, I wonder what people's experiences are, and what their spray nozzle of choice is?
    Chad S. Roberts
    Brewer
    Snipes Mountain Brewing
    Sunnyside, WA
    (509) 837-BREW

Hose nozzle

Strahman. Archon also carries some nice ones. Spend the money and get one that will last forever

Comment

this may sound stupid, but what are you using spray nozzels for? Sparge water?

Comment

cleaning

everything

Comment

ahh pressure washer.

Comment

I got one of these http://www.gwkent.com/strahman-hydro...ay-nozzle.html off ebay a few months ago for 39 bucks. It is an awesome sprayer and worth every penny(even at full retail) It will last forever and has fully replaceable parts. I am also certain the might have been the luckiest deal every to buy it for that price.

Comment

yeah I was lucky enough to score one of those on ebay as well for under $40. It's amazing!
              Beejay
              Pipeworks Brewing Company

Comment

mini

This.
                The Mini M 70 has changed our life. Weighs a fraction of its bigger brother...
                Make sure to purchase the swivel adapter as well...

Our entire brewery is now outfitted with these valves.

Comment

reviving an old thread, but recently our pressure washer that we use for rinsing and cleaning started to fail slowly, and the pump seal may have leaked out oil into the water. Not Good! going to ditch the pressure washer all together for a good spray nozzle! - I always wondered why people choose spray nozzles over pressure washers, Now i know!

Comment

Strahman is the industry standard, but that's largely because there's nothing better out there. No, they don't last forever--they still have rubber seals that will eventually fail. Back in the old days (Second Millennium), It was easy to buy and install a rebuild kit and then you had a basically brand new sprayer for a fraction of the cost. I haven't been able to get a rebuild kit that actually fits in many years now.

So, Strahman. Until something better comes along.
                    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
                    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by grassrootsvt View Post
                      http://www.strahmanvalves.com/store/...ies.html?sl=EN

This.
                      The Mini M 70 has changed our life. Weighs a fraction of its bigger brother...
                      Make sure to purchase the swivel adapter as well...

Our entire brewery is now outfitted with these valves.
                      I'd echo this. Been using it for a year and half at this point and have had zero problems.
                      Dave Cowie
                      Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
                      Nevada City, CA

Comment

I just ordered us a strahman pro 150- I heard you can get rebuild kits for the pro model

Comment

When discussing tank cleaning devices, good generally means, in the following order;

1. Makes the tank clean
                          2. Makes the tank clean in a short time
                          3. Makes the tank clean with less water usage for rinsing
                          4. Makes the tank clean with less chemicals
                          5. Low or no maintainence
                          6. Low price

The first four goes to the rotating jet head, such as Alfa Laval Iso-mix. Prices are from 3000-5000 dollars, microbrewery sized.

Your next option is a rotating spray head. You can get them from anywhere. I prefer Alfa Laval.

The last option is a static spray head, i.e a ball with holes in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkyard View Post
                            I just ordered us a strahman pro 150- I heard you can get rebuild kits for the pro model
                            The last rebuild kits we purchased for these did not fit our older sprayheads. It seems Strahman has made some changes over the years, and I wouldn't expect them to remain the same in the future.

Still, we get many years of use out of the Strahmans before they fail--unless, of course, they freeze and burst.
                            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
                            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

We use a Strahman on our main workhorse hose and it's awesome, but I got one of these for our brewdeck hose about two years ago and it's also working nicely. Slight tendency to spray you in the face if you aren't careful or if you drop it though. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00
                              Russell Everett
                              Co-Founder / Head Brewer
                              Bainbridge Island Brewing
                              Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X