Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubberfab hoses

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
    Just commissioned a new brewery complete with set of Unaflex 725 Brewers' hoses. I've used this for years with great results. But the new hose isn't at all the same product. Maybe same color, but otherwise is lighter & much easier to kink. Doesn't have the same markings and is "Made in Turkey". After we passivated our cellar tanks, lo and behold the hose was damaged WAY beyond use. Standard passivation with HNO3 @ 34% & 57C. Interior badly blistered and crunchy. Beware this hose isn't what it used to be.
    I am in the process of getting quotes for new brewery hoses. I am looking at Goodyear Vintner hose and Rubberfab's F&B and FDAE hose. Anyone had any experience with the latter?

Cheers,

Jim
    James Romano
    Owner, and everything else . . .
    Fire Cirkl, White City, OR

Comment

I got some hoses from Archon that I'm very happy with. Price was a little cheaper than goodyear, and the workmanship on the hose ends is solid.
      Hutch Kugeman
      Head Brewer
      Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
      Hyde Park, NY

Comment

Originally posted by kugeman View Post
        I got some hoses from Archon that I'm very happy with. Price was a little cheaper than goodyear, and the workmanship on the hose ends is solid.
        How long have you had them? Do you have a link to the particular hose you purchased? Thanks, in advance . . . :-D

Jim
        James Romano
        Owner, and everything else . . .
        Fire Cirkl, White City, OR

Comment

Working...
        X