Beer Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Travel

I've been to California this year, for the beerapalooza, and nearly ruined myself...

so much so, I'm heading to Denver, and Fort Collins in July for a bit of fishing....

and, some beer...

anyone on here in the area???
    Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Hey guys,

I met Phil during his trip to Cali. and he is an outstanding person. Please show him some love during his travels if he ventures your way. If your nice he might bring some of his very enjoyable brew. Hey Phil, enjoy your trip!!

Cheers,

Uber Steve

Comment

Steve- is your post from a bit of guilt in being part if his near ruination???

Comment

LOL...Now Brian you know me better than that. Besides isn't"Ruination" a Stone product?? I only provided a little "Decadence" to help the travels along. Phil was "lucky" enough to stop by on the eve of one of our monthly Beer Geek tastings. The following list may explain some of the challenges he faced during his Stockton leg of the trip. After all it was Beerapalooza week!

At the New Brewery (afternoon):
        Valley Brew Decadence 6
        Valley Brew Decadence 8
        Valley Brew Decadence 10
        Valley Brew Decadence 12
        Valley Brew Pommegranite Lambic
        Valley Brew Belgian Style Sour...(AKA Phil's Wild Mild)
        Valley Brew Uberhoppy
        Drakes Hop Salad
        Drakes Rodger’s Last Stand
        Drakes Denogginizer
        Stone Smoked Porter ’05?
        Hoptown DUIPA

At Valley Brew Pub (evening):
        Kern River Isabella Blonde
        Tuckerman Pale Ale
        Atlantic Bar Harbor Real Ale
        Maui Brewing Red Cock Doppelbock
        Budweiser Brew Masters Private Reserve ’07
        Green Flash West Coast IPA
        Port Brewing Wipeout IPA
        Ballast Point Big Eye IPA
        Harpoon Glacier Harvest Wet Hop Beer
        Ramsgate Gadds No Tomorrow IPA
        AleSmith YuleSmith (Winter) Imperial Red Ale
        Maui Brewing Double Overhead I.P.A.
        Left Coast/Oggis Hop Juice
        5 Seasons Kartoon Brune
        Ramsgate Gadds Dogbolter Winter Porter
        Flat Earth Cygnus X-1
        Captain Lawrence Smoke from the Oak Bourbon Barrel
        Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga Grand Reserve
        Kern River Holiday Ale 2007
        Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Ale
        Captain Lawrence Nor’ Easter Winter Warmer Batch No.1
        Pannepot 2006
        Dogfish Head Raison D Extra
        Lost Abbey 10 Commandments
        Valley Brew Frieky Krieky
        Schooners Krieken Cluster Funk
        Lost Abbey Judgement Day
        Russian River Toronado 20th Anniversary
        Pizza Port Cuvee de Tomme ’03
        Cantillon Cuvée des Champions
        Phil_L’s amazing homebrew - Insomniac
        Ramsgate Gadds Black Pearl Oyster Stout
        Deschutes The Abyss ’07
        Surly Darkness bottle #282
        Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter
        North Coast Old Stock Cellar Reserve Bourbon Barrel
        North Coast 10th Anniversary Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin
        Valley Brew Uberhoppy
        AleSmith Barrel Aged Old Numbskull 2005 bottle #96
        Schooners Old Woody ’04
        Schooners Old Woody ’05
        Schooners Old Woody ’06
        Valley Brew Decadence 12 Cuvee Speciale
        21st Amendment Bourbon Barrel Lower da Boom Barleywine

Comment

Holy crap...

that list is going to haunt me...

I'll say it again, that probably has to be one of the best beer tasting/moments in beer I might ever see.... I was just looking at the pictures, and my stomach still aches.

Steve, I'm sending Ben McFarland your way... thanks for the props Steve.

and, Mr Moonlight... ?? Death and Taxes, and Bombay by Night... form part of my Californication...

I'm probably going to head to Falling Rock Tap House, New Belgium, Oscar Blues....
          Last edited by Phil; 03-19-2008, 02:20 PM.
          Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Comment

Very impressive!! How do you get the invite for that one?

Cheers

Kyle

Comment

Some photo's to have a look at...

(all taken in 2008)

on 3 continents

Comment

bad link sorry!

some others last week -

enjoy!

Comment

Ok, so June/July/Aug fast approaching.

I was supposed to be in Denver in June, but because of some stoooopid driving incident my ass is in court. No chance of incarceration thank god, but I shall have to part with more than a few $’s... so dates are still up in the air, but I shall be over faster than a fucking greyhound... this will be a bargain basement trip... not the $2000 flights that I have been looking at going via NYC.

So much so, a few changes to the itinerary - I (we) will be flying into Chicago, then down to Denver. I will be in the Chicago area (small side trip via New Glarus to Appleton WI) for a week, then down to Denver as per previous.

She (yes, She), being a Chicago native and having worked in the beer scene seems to know most haunts... Flossmoor, 3Floyds, New Glarus, Peice, - she listed them like, "DUH! you’ve gotta go to..." , I of course played dumb to this whole game... but, you gotta love her...
                  So, if you happen to see a random Brit and a leggy American girl with big blue eyes... around and abouts just say hi.

not ISO of Dark Lord.

Phil.

Comment

I shall be over - 20th - 28th June.

and heading to Three Floyds, New Glarus, Flosmoor....

I won't have much time for actual brewery visits - probably just head to the FFF, and Flosmoor, and Peace in Chicago.

I am on the look out for beers from Founders, Jolly Pumpkin, Furthermore, and probably what ever else takes my fancy in Sams, or A.N.Other amazing liquor store!

oh, btw - this is where I get to hang out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNw6dynEoQ -

Comment

Hey Guys - just someway into a monster trip -

I have to give massive props to the Guys at Three Floyds, Flossmoor especially!

http://beermerchants.wordpress.com - I am just gonna try to keep a lame ass diary of the journey - there.

I had some great stuff at the Squatters Brewery Bar in Salt Lake City yesterday - I am now in Berkeley California... Just off to the barbers, and Buffalo Bills - then maybe to see Rodger at Triple Rock - then to Healdsburg for the evening.

THANKS TO ALL.....

Comment

The evidence

enjoy!

I cannot thank those involved, who's beers I drank, breweries I visited, and sights I saw enough!

awesome trip.

Comment

Hey Phil,

I still can't believe the list of beers above in this thread and this surreal beer dream you are living.

Many thanks for making us part of your travels last night. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed some of our upcoming releases and of course those painful, yet tasty mistakes that are wasted on the uneducated here!

We've got to keep mixing it up here on this little island!

Brew on brother!

Cheers,

Jeff
                          Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
                          Chairman of the Beer
                          Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
                          Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
                          W: www.lovibonds.com
                          F: LovibondsBrewery
                          T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie
                            Hey Phil,

I still can't believe the list of beers above in this thread and this surreal beer dream you are living.

Many thanks for making us part of your travels last night. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed some of our upcoming releases and of course those painful, yet tasty mistakes that are wasted on the uneducated here!

We've got to keep mixing it up here on this little island!

Brew on brother!

Cheers,

Jeff

Guys, Jeff is doing some "against the grain" things here - and doing them very well! and, as he writes the wheat wine and the accidental berliner was great!!

I will be back in California (San Diego/LA) and Arizona - around Xmas/New Year. So I am sure that there'll be more pics and tales.

Laters.

CHEEEEEERS!

Comment

Article about Rosie's Brewery - he's brewing some good stuff!

here

Thanks to all in the bay area for an awesome SF Beer week.

Moonlight, loved the Lunatic Lager. (couple of pints at the Excellent Trappist in Oakland.)

Comment

Working...
                              X