Ranco ETC Error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranco ETC Error message

I often get a E2 error mesage on my Ranco controler. It usppose to mean "Check all settings and correct if necessary" but... what does that mean, really?

The only way I work around the problem is by unplugging the device for a few seconds and plug it back, but this time it wont work. AND I NEED TO CRASH MY BEEEER

All my settings are the same as they've always been, and it's only programmed for cooling, so no possible conflicts.

Please help

Zb

Ranco controller

Is your unit 24v or 110? Mine are 24v and the only thing that comes to mind is that maybe you have a problem with the transformer. Check your incoming voltage with a multimeter. Also your connections to your thermistor probes may be giving you problems. They work on resistance and if you have corroded connections you can get a false reading or loose feed to your controller which will give you the error code also. I did have to replace one probe on my boil kettle (different unit but same voltage) but generally they work really well and it turns out to be the connections. Hope this helps.
    Frank Kassik
    Kassik's Brew Stop
    Understanding the culture over a bottle of beer

Comment

Thanks. I'm on 110v

I was hoping to get cues concerning the "programming" but everyting points to a physical defect. Will get down to it

Zb

Comment

Working...
      X