Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPC codes and good source for labels

Hello Forum,
    I'm looking for a little advice on how to economically UPC 6 brands of beer to be sold in growlers. I looked online for free ones but then got scared about creating duplicates of some other products in the stores. Thankfully I live in a very small market but I still have concerns. Also in labeling these growlers I'm looking for a source for clear 1.5 x 2 inch labels with white ink for each of the brands. I've looked online at staples but it looks too expensive. Thanks for any help.
    Cheers
    Jay Stoyanoff
    Brewmaster
    Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
    Plattsburgh, NY

For the upc's were buying a lot of 100 for $750 plus or minus theres a few other fees and were getting those from http://www.uc-council.org/

For labels check out Jack Wright at Atlas

or

lightning labels for a really short orders
    Get high-quality custom labels and stickers from Lightning Labels. A custom label printing company with the best custom sticker printing services around. Free quote and shipping!

Comment

Not real labels

Sorry for not being specific... the labels I am looking for are going to be approx. 1.5" by 2" oval labels that just say "Cardinal Red Ale" for example. My brewery brand is already enameled on the growler so I'm not looking for the usual type of beer label. South County- I have question: are you really paying $7.50 per UPC label ? That sounds astronomical to me. Even if your typo is 1000 for $750 that still sounds unfeasible. I guess if it's that expensive to get UPC's that won't conflict, I'll take my chances with the free ones that may. Thanks for your help.
      Cheers
      Jay Stoyanoff
      Brewmaster
      Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
      Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

Are we talking about the same thing?

The $750 he is talking about is to get 100 registered UPC numbers (bar codes) with GS1, which in the long run, is a good deal. I'm not sure if your "free" UPCs really are free - you may have to order labels from them, but there must be a hitch (TANSTAAFL).

If you are the only seller of the product, or your customers don't require UPCs, you don't need one. If you are only looking for simple labels which don't have a bar code, there are a ton of vendors, including the link to Jack Wright from Atlas Label. Only problem is, that you may have issues with minimum orders. My experience: expect to pay about $.40-.50 each when ordering 1000.
        Last edited by einhorn; 10-23-2008, 06:30 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by monkeybrewer
          Sorry for not being specific... the labels I am looking for are going to be approx. 1.5" by 2" oval labels that just say "Cardinal Red Ale" for example. My brewery brand is already enameled on the growler so I'm not looking for the usual type of beer label. South County- I have question: are you really paying $7.50 per UPC label ? That sounds astronomical to me. Even if your typo is 1000 for $750 that still sounds unfeasible. I guess if it's that expensive to get UPC's that won't conflict, I'll take my chances with the free ones that may. Thanks for your help.
          Cheers

I'm sorry I should have explained that better as Einhorn stated. It is $750 for 100 UPC codes not actual labels. We are getting labels done at the tune of $1,200.00 for 25,000 pressure sensitive type on a roll approx. 3.75"x4" and the lead times run about 3 weeks. I would encourage you to look at getting legally registered codes from GS1. Right now there are people buying the 100 bar-code lots and reselling them on the internet which I personally don't trust (I'm a conspirist!). But if you're not looking to do anything fancy, once you acquire you're barcode files you can just print them on self-adhesive precut label paper on a laserjet printer.

Hope I helped?!?!

JR

Comment

Try Quadraflex in Cortland NY, Not that far from you in Plattsburgh. Ask for Chris. 1-800-835-7066

they print for several breweries and lots of wineries.

K

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the great help.
              Cheers
              Jay Stoyanoff
              Brewmaster
              Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
              Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

Working...
              X