Self distribution help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self distribution help?

We just did a small expansion (couple larger tanks and larger walk-n cooler) so that we could expand our distribution. We would like to keep self distributing because I feel that local distributors in our area do not represent small craft breweries well enough (or not at all). Anyways one of our waiters is showing allot of intrest in helping pick up accounts and deliveries (He would be great at this because he has allot of passion about our beers and a great work ethic). Can anyone share any creative ways that they pay employees that distribute there beer such as sallery vs. per hour, incitives in increased sales etc. Any help would be much appreciated!

Illegal

California requires a third-party distributor. You can't self-distribute in this state. Sorry!
    Cheers!
    -Zambo

Comment

What?

With a type 23 liscense you CAN self distribute, Theres several breweries in CA that self distribute.

Comment

That's correct - with a Type 23 you can self-distribute. You can not if you hold a Type 75.

Admin

Comment

Secret border crossing pick-up!

Type 23 license from State of CA allows you to self-distribute anywhere in the state. When can I pick up my supply of delicious KRBC bombers. Drop off point, Walker, CA. Just a short drive from Reno.
          Hope the expansion went well.
          Lance

Comment

Hey Lance, if I get up that way I will see you in Walker!

Comment

Come on, I know someone out there has something to share!

Comment

I self distribute my brand and a few others solely by myself. I've tried hiring several guys with no luck. Longest on lasted was 3 weeks. took 3 weeks to get him on the phone to fire me. Pay is a big issue. I've come up with what I thought was a good package. Hourly plus small comission plus mileage. I figured if they did the bare minimum they'd make about $14/hr competitive for my market. hasn't worked yet.

K
                pm me if you find the golden egg.

Comment

cost of sales position

Just to look at an average cost of a pre sell sales person as relates to anybody in the National Beer Wholesalers side. This is with sales under $5 mil. the low including benefits is $40,342 and the high it $50,480.
                  Just an FYI.
                  Jim Schembre

World Class Beverages
                  Indianapolis, Indiana
                  1-317-612-3105
                  Jischembre@worldclassbeverages.com
                  www.worldclassbeverages.com

Comment

Working...
                  X