Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality lager in PET bottle

Hi there,
    anyone out there who knows of a decent lager in PET packaging.
    Thanks
    Jorgen

I know that PET was used big time in Denmark, and, I think other Scandanavian countries, but this has been changing recently due to the various waste disposal charges. I assume that there were some decent brews packaged in PET. Perhaps one or two working in Denmark can help out here. It is not widely used in the UK, and tends only to be for the cheap brands. I seem to remember it is widely used in Russia and other ex communist countries, but again, no details.

I am also aware that Fernie brewing in Canada started out in pet, but have since moved on to can and glass, so presumably were not totally happy with plastic.

Cheers
    dick

Comment

Korean beers have been in plastic bottles for years now. HARDLY a quality product, though. Just a cheaper product for cheaper tastes.
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

PET Growlers

We use both 32 and 64 oz plastic growlers, we are in Peterbough close to many campgrounds that do not allow glass. www.beardfreebrewing.com

Comment

They use PET bottles in New Zealand and have been doing so for years. Garage Projects fills them with some very tasty ales. They call them riggers.

Comment

Working...
          X