Brewing System for Sample Batches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewing System for Sample Batches

I am an aspiring brewery owner that is looking for a system to create sample beer batches. I am currently aware of the morebeer and magic-brew systems. Are there any other systems that anyone can suggest which will brew 5-10 gallons. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, they're called homebrew systems, much like the systems you mentioned from MoreBeer and Sabco. Am I missing something are these systems not sophisticated enough for you or are you looking for something more economical?
    Cheers,
    Mike Roy
    Brewmaster
    Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
    5123 Baltimore Ave
    Hyattsville,MD 20781
    301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
    @franklinsbrwry
    facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

Comment

The morebeer and magic-brew system are sophisticated enough for my taste and purposes. However, I would like to compare more models that are available and make a decision based off of both value and price.

Do you have a link that provides more information to the homebrew system models?

Comment

I have not used them, but you could check out:

-Lyle C. Brown
        Brewer
        Camelot Brewing Co.

Comment

Originally posted by whiterabbit
          I am an aspiring brewery owner that is looking for a system to create sample beer batches. I am currently aware of the morebeer and magic-brew systems. Are there any other systems that anyone can suggest which will brew 5-10 gallons. Any help is greatly appreciated.

you will have a hard time finding anything commercially other than the ones already mention.
          if you are looking at it from a cost/benefit stand point, I say buy yourself a Brewmagic from Sabco. their systems are almost bullet proof by most accounts and sometimes you can find used ones for sale a little cheaper.

the morebeer systems I have seen just seem a little more "Homebrewish" (I know it's not a real word) than the Sabco's.

barring that, you could build one yourself if you have a good friend with a welder and an electrician friend........lol
          www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

When are you looking at having these samples?

What parameters are you trying to acheive?

How tight are your specs?

How big is your mock-up?

Please reply to me by e-mail.

Regards,
            Todd Malloy
            Director of Brewing
            Glenwood Canyon Brewing Co.
            Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by v2comp
              the morebeer systems I have seen just seem a little more "Homebrewish" (I know it's not a real word) than the Sabco's.
              I would not say that regarding the high end models. Check this one out:

I don't have one, but that doesn't look all that "Homebrewish" to me!
              -Lyle C. Brown
              Brewer
              Camelot Brewing Co.

Comment

Originally posted by beerking1
                I would not say that regarding the high end models. Check this one out:

I don't have one, but that doesn't look all that "Homebrewish" to me!
                yeah, your right about that, if you pop for the whole thing.

they are about in the same price range as well if you add all the options.

I guess it really becomes a personal choice at that point.

I havent brewed or owned either one myself, but I have seen a Sabco in action and it was sweet.
                maybe I should have given morebeer more consideration, but for ME PERSONALLY, I would still buy the sabco.
                you can take one of those full kegs and drop it 10' without doing much other than cosmetic damage to them., I think I would feel comfortable saying that I wouldnt want to try that with a regular 20 gallon ss brew pot.

What does that mean? I dont know myself other than they just seem more structurally sound....................to me.
                www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Working...
                X