Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sakebox View Post
    Hi, guys!
    We are trying to get some info on this and wondering if anyone can help.

Normally it is 60 cases of beer for a pallet, I believe.

Does anyone have an example of a typical configuration with the dimensions and the weight? Also when calculating the dimensions, do you include the pallet as well?

Thank you so much for your help!
    We stack cased, bottled beer 60high on a standard 40"x48" pallet using the configuration below. Rotate the case patter 180degrees for each layer. 12 cases per layer, five layers equals 60 cases. Cases of bottled beer weighs around 19 pounds or so and the pallet is around 25-35 pounds. Yes, include the pallet in the dimensions if the pallet is going to part of the shipment. Total weight around 1175. Sorry, I don't have the length width and height off the top of my head.
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

We go 80 cases per pallet, ten cases per row, of Heritage bottles. No problems with tipping over. 8 half bbls per pallet, two pallets high. 20 sixth bbls per pallet, two pallets high.
      Linus Hall
      Yazoo Brewing
      Nashville, TN
      www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Answer to your question can be found in this section

Originally posted by sakebox View Post
        Hi, guys!
        We are trying to get some info on this and wondering if anyone can help.

Normally it is 60 cases of beer for a pallet, I believe.

Does anyone have an example of a typical configuration with the dimensions and the weight? Also when calculating the dimensions, do you include the pallet as well?

Thank you so much for your help!
        Look here for answers to your shipping questions!
        Freight for the brewery Shipping and receiving is a crucial component of any successful business that produces a product for consumption. Beer, as a product, offers many unique challenges. Failure …

Comment

Originally posted by IAW View Post
          Just curious but how many cases of longneck bottles fit on a pallet to be shipped to wholesalers?

Would anyone know how many cans fit on a pallet to be shipped out?

Also how many kegs?
          12oz bottles we do 50 cases to a pallet. 10 cases per layer 5 layers.
          16oz cans we do 70 cases to a pallet. 10 cases per layer 7 layers.
          1/4bbl kegs are 12 to a pallet(even though 16 fits)
          1/2bbl kegs are 8 to a pallet.
          it really depends on your distribution needs/ what they want from you
          I hope I encouraged you!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Look here for answers to your shipping questions!
            http://www.probrewer.com/library/shipping/
            +1. Good info here. I did shipping logistics for a microbrewery for a few years, in addition to being head brewer. Some trucking companies have their own requirements for weight/number of pallets per truck, but for the most part it's pretty standard across the board.

100 cases cans per pallet @ 14 lbs per case
            72 cases 12 oz bottles @ 33 lbs per case (we used to go 60 per pallet until our largest local distributor asked us to go to 72 because it makes sense space-wise on a truck and in a warehouse)
            8 1/2 bbl kegs per pallet, double stacked, 165 lbs per keg
            20 1/6 bbl kegs per pallet, double stacked, 58 lbs per keg
            Your average wood pallet weighs 30 lbs, so be sure to factor that weight in when calculating the load

Comment

Working...
            X