No announcement yet.

Brewery workers arrested in after-hours caper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a little bit about Human Resources departments from brewery to brewery having been interviewed and worked for breweries ranging from 500bbl/year to 800,000 bbl/year.

It goes something like this.

A. "Oh, your willing to wash kegs for 6.50 an hour and your not an ex-con? YOUR HIRED!"

And then there is this.

B. "Just complete this 27 page psychological profile questionaire and we'll give you a call."

Pick which one is the "craft gone big". "Big" breweries, from my personal and professional experience are very meticulous in they're hiring procedures.

The fact of the matter is that human resources departments, no matter how hard they try, how many questions they ask, and how deep they dig into your past, are not fortune tellers or mind readers. Thank God or I would be on the street. There are always "wild cards". When you're managing 300 or more employees you are likely to have a few.

Try turning a 20 bbl lauter tun into a hot tub then try it with a 200 bbl one. It takes talent to be a knucklehead in a big brewery.

South County......you are very special and I'm a busy man. I try not to post generalized, self glorifying, arm waving statements at my leisure. As a brewer for a large craft brewery I found your post offensive and uninformed so I commented.

Comment

Working...
    X