No announcement yet.

To Sell beer or to Donate beer to festival organizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bands get paid, the food vendors make money, no one will go to a festival and pay $30-$50 to have just those and no beer so why shouldn't the breweries get paid for the beer?

Comment

I've been on both sides of this issue. I was the organizer of one of the larger festivals in my region and always paid for the beer and never charged fees to the brewers. Our only requirements for participation was to either provide someone to work the table or provide 2 beers per day that were either not in the market at that time or were one offs.

Festivals are extremely expensive to put on. We would spend over $200,000 for our big event annually so don't be to hard on the organizers. That being said, they should be paying for the beer.

The people that need to be conditioned to pay for the beer at these events aren't the organizers its the people in attendance. They are exceedingly cheap and will complain like in our case about a $25 all you can drink event where the beer is served in 4oz sample cups.
      Owner
      Grind Modern Burger
      PostModern Brewers
      Boise, ID

Comment

$25 for all you can drink? eek. That sets a precedent in and of itself, unfortunately.

I help put on a very small fundraising wine/beer event in my area and our local breweries graciously donate their time and beer to serve. They know that 100% of the proceeds go right back into our local community and that's why they do it. In the process they do get exposure in their area with the demographic they are looking for (our tickets are $60 per person). Rarely, do people get sloppy drunk at this event and people really enjoy talking to the brewer's staff about the beer they are serving. I think events can be a good thing, but it really depends upon how it's organized and marketed as to whether or not it will be beneficial to the breweries attending.

Comment

Working...
        X