Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competitions on the Professional Level

Hello Everyone,

Are there a lot of beer competitions in the professional brewing arena?

Are beers that are contract brewed allowed to be entered?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question. I am a homebrewer and interested in having a beer contract brewed so I can enter it into the marketplace. And everyone knows that it is through competition that one finds out if the beer/recipe they have is worthy.

Thank You

I run the World Expo of Beer Competition in Frankenmuth MI in April which is an International Competition for breweries poarticipating in the World Expo of Beer. We do allow Contract Brews as long as one of the parties is involved in the festival. Last year we were just shy of 400 entries. www.worldexpoofbeer.com
    Jim Brown, Owner
    Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
    3440 Win Kae Place
    Bay City, MI 48706
    989-233-2221

Comment

Are contract brewed beers allowed into the GABF competition?

Comment

I would have to say yes based on the early success of Sam Adams
        Jim Brown, Owner
        Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
        3440 Win Kae Place
        Bay City, MI 48706
        989-233-2221

Comment

Winning medals in beer competitions gives you a warm feeling and perhaps a bit of a marketing boost, but ultimately, the "worth" of your product is determined by your customers. Focus your effort on them.

Originally posted by ezra
          Hello Everyone,

And everyone knows that it is through competition that one finds out if the beer/recipe they have is worthy.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by ezra
            And everyone knows that it is through competition that one finds out if the beer/recipe they have is worthy.

Thank You
            I would echo the above replies: I have won several awards at all levels of beer competitions, including the GABF. If you win an award at a brewfest, you can be sure of one thing, you won an award at a brewfest.

These awards have LITTLE to do with marketplace success. I know of a brewery that won several awards at a world beer fest and they still experienced "severe troubles".
            I've always measured my recipes success by how many times the distributor will reorder that beer, season after season. Bottom line is the bottom line.

prost!
            dave
            Glacier Brewing Company
            406-883-2595
            info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing
              I would echo the above replies: I have won several awards at all levels of beer competitions, including the GABF. If you win an award at a brewfest, you can be sure of one thing, you won an award at a brewfest.

These awards have LITTLE to do with marketplace success. I know of a brewery that won several awards at a world beer fest and they still experienced "severe troubles".
              I've always measured my recipes success by how many times the distributor will reorder that beer, season after season. Bottom line is the bottom line.

prost!
              dave
              Ditto!

R/
              Mike Pensinger
              General Manager/Brewmaster
              Parkway Brewing Company
              Salem, VA

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing

prost!
                dave
                Yep. Me too. I feel competitions are vanity projects and BIG money wasters. I always have something I can buy to improve the quality of our beer = to the entry fees, travel and entertainment expenses required to compete.
                Cheers & I'm out!
                David R. Pierce
                NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
                POB 343
                New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Working...
                X