No announcement yet.

Brewers boots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a high instep (difficult to pull boots on) and an extremely wide food (Redwings H), not too long (10-10.5). I wanted rubber / chemical resistant boots that were comfortable and came in widths. I had a revelation: Fireman's boots. Steel toe and shin, reinforced bottom (step on a nail? no prob) chemical resistant and water tight, while remaining extremely comfortable over the course of a day. They accept an orthodic footbed too. I cannot imagine a more comfortable and accident resistant boot than my Thorogood Hellfire boots. They also happen to look rad.
    Noah A. Bolmer

Barley and Hops Tavern
    Occidental, CA
    www.barleynhops.com

Warped Brewing Company
    Sebastopol, CA

Comment

I looked high and low for the correct boots. We are all very concerned about comfort, dryness, and most of all functionality. I found these and have never looked back. They will hold up to water, hot acid, hot caustic, hot wort, full keg of beer dropped on your toe, you get the point. They are extremely comfortable!! A little on the pricey side, but will likely be the last pair you buy for a long time.

Comment

Shoes for Crews are my favorite. Knee high, Very anti slip and comfortable.i have had a pair for 3 years now and they are just starting to go.

Cut through the deepest mess in our 16 inch waterproof, anti-fatigue black steel toe boot. Featuring our SFC V enhanced slip resistant, anti-clogging outso
        Last edited by touchemandgetem; 01-16-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Boot test

In our brewery we all wear rubber steel toe boots. Its a small one so we rotate every job and swapping between lace up boots and rubber boots would be every 30 minutes. Plus scrubbing the kettle in 6" of PBW is a quick way to a boot full if not in high rubber boots. We all wore Xtratuf but have found they aren't even lasting 4 months without holes in them. We branched out this week and all bought a different brand. We are trying out the BOGS food pro extreme, MUCK chore, and the LaCrosse. So far my BOGS are comfy and the bottom has supper soft squishy tread like a snow tire. Its not very fitting around the calf or as flexible as the Xtratuf but im pleased with them so far. I did remove the insoles immediately and put in my Redback boots insoles. Time will tell.

Comment

I got a pair of these and am really happy with them. The only thing I don't like is that I wish they were higher. I have really wide feet… 9EEEE…. yes that's 4E… and waterproof boots are a pain in the ass to find. I ended up actually getting these in a 10 1/2 Wide. Strangely the length doesn't feel over long and the width is perfect. It's been really cold here lately (some days not reaching past 25F) and my feet have stayed warm and dry. The things are as comfortable as my New Balance walking shoes.

5.11® Tactical offers superior tactical apparel and gear for law enforcement, first responders, tactical operators and recreational enthusiasts. Shop 5.11® clothing & gear today!

Comment

Just ordered a pair of the shoes for crews guardian IV the III's are limited in sizes so guess we will see how they hold up and do. Any advice on the best socks to keep the feet happy and not to hot in the summer time?

Comment

Originally posted by MP-Greg View Post
                Just ordered a pair of the shoes for crews guardian IV the III's are limited in sizes so guess we will see how they hold up and do. Any advice on the best socks to keep the feet happy and not to hot in the summer time?
                The best socks are never the cheapest socks. Hi quality performance wool will keep you nice and dry, but finding the ones thin enough to keep you cool is tough. There's wool socks out there designed for more athletic applications; I've heard SmartWool is a winner, maybe pick up a pair of those to try out?

Comment

Originally posted by fihbkyle View Post
                  The best socks are never the cheapest socks. Hi quality performance wool will keep you nice and dry, but finding the ones thin enough to keep you cool is tough. There's wool socks out there designed for more athletic applications; I've heard SmartWool is a winner, maybe pick up a pair of those to try out?
                  Sweet I'll check them out and give them a try thanks

Comment

Check out these socks. I've using them for about a year. Thin so they keep you pretty cool and dry.

Comment

I will check out the darn toughs too maybe give them both a try thanks guys

Comment

No wool socks yet but my cottons in the guardian IV's worked out pretty well today and got to say they are no slip even while changing our glycol lines to a trunk system, my other leather boots stood no chance on the slick floors the guardians are comfy as hell too no foot fatigue all day great pair of boots for the price

Comment

Working...
                        X