Equipment Upgrade suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Upgrade suggestions.

I'm looking to move up from a 7bbl brewery to 15bbl. I'm looking for suggestions on what to get. What would your dream system look like? We are a production brewery.

Mill- 4 roller with sieve seperation and recrushing.
    Mash-in- Steels Masher
    Mash tun- seperate heated vessel with mixer and variable speed reverseable pump into:
    Lauter tun- real rakes and knives with again variable speed reverseable pump. Reverse grains out. Oversized for high gravity beers. Together these make decotion or step infusion possible and push efficency way up.
    Kettel- good steam removal-stack fan. Sight glass, i dont like dip sticks. Good trub removal, probably convex bottom with hop dam. And enough steam for a rocking boil.
    Good CIP ability on all.
    NOT copper clad.
    Pipped for ease of use, cleanability and to minamize deadlegs. Transfer to FV in 45mins or less. Platform with room to move around. Easy to read and use controls. Computer controlled would be cool.
    And last but not least, after every brewday it materializes a hot chick with a large pizza.
    Seriously- if your looking for new the best sytem I worked on was the 15bbl one DME made for Alcatraz Brewing in Michigan. Call them, im sure they keep thier desings on file.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

Working...
    X