licensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licensing

Our ultimate goal is to be a fully functionable brewpub,however we would like to get the brewery up and running before the bar is open.Our plan is to have the brewery open for tastings and off premise purchases while we complete construction on the brewpub.
    Is it possible to get the brewery side licensed to do this before the brewpub is open.
    If so what would the correct license catagory be for each?
    We are in NY state..not in the city.Ive gotten so many different answers on this..that now my head has almost spun off
    Any advice would be helpful

Cheers
    Ken
    Ken Landin
    Crossroads Brewing Company,Inc
    21 Second Street
    Athens,NY 12015
    518-947-9443
    www.crossroadsbrewingco.com

My interpretation of this is that you'd have to get licensed as a brewery and then REAPPLY for a brewpub - complete reapplication to ttb and state to re-license you regardless of whether you're a brewery already. I say this b/c we are looking to move the location of our brewery and have been told by state and feds that we have to submit an entire application packet. Now, we both know a lot of the packet will be redundant and that will probably speed things up but you better be sure the state will get their money.

But what do I know.

Comment

We received our TTB license then proceeded to the state ABC. The ABC (State Police) then granted a wholesale license with building inspection and local health dept sign off. We then contract brewed and sold beer in kegs to licensed premises while the pub was being finished. The brewery was 90% complete but we were unable to have beer ready for a key two week winter festival so we contracted with our friends at Sockeye Brewery. The TTB was made aware of this. We applied for both brewery and brew pub. They received payment. If the brewery would have been functional we could have brewed and kegged in house for wholesale draft accounts. The state police would however not a allow any kegs to go, growlers, on premises tasting etc. until we had our retail license. Which we obtained two months later when the pub was complete.
      Idaho is different from NY Im sure.
      Have fun!!

Comment

Working...
      X