BioFine Clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brundage View Post
    We tried it with WYeast 1214 (Belgian Abbey) with no success. It's a low flocculator with tiny cells. Ramped doses up form minimum to maximum with plenty of mixing and time to settle but never got it to clear up. However, the beer drops pretty clear after a week in the bottle. YMMV
    Loeffler offers a 40% stabilized silica gel called BrauSol Special. Typical usage rates are 20-40ml per HL / 23-47ml per BBL. This is available in 25 kg pails (approximately 5 gallons).

BrauSol Special_The chance to change - Copy.pdf
    Loeffler Chemical Corporation
    (404) 629-0999
    800-769-5020 (US & Canada only)
    www.loefflerchemical.com

Comment

We added 2L BioFine Clear to a 60BBL batch of stout this morning that appeared to be on the cloudy side at start of transfer, even post-fuge, just to be safe. Shortly thereafter, the beer cleared up pretty nicely with the help from the fuge.

My question is: can we package the beer later today even though the BioFine hasn't had a full 24-48 hours to react? Is there any flavor/stability concerns? Kind of a unique issue but figured I'd throw it out there-

Cheers,
      Matt

Comment

I'm using Biofine Clear for the first time in my career and thought this would be a good discussion to resurrect to see what others are experiencing, whether results favorable or not, and recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by wakeele View Post
          I'm using Biofine Clear for the first time in my career and thought this would be a good discussion to resurrect to see what others are experiencing, whether results favorable or not, and recommend.
          Curious to hear your results....

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Scientist View Post
            Curious to hear your results....
            Well, I think I've only used it on one batch because I've forgotten to add it on two beers lately I wanted to try it on--new brewery and no surprise, I'm under staffed. I haven't done any clarity trials and would like to for each beer I use it on, but like I said, no time to right now (that's where I was hoping to get more feedback from others I used 30 mL/bbl on our Pilsner, and it's slightly more brilliantly brite than our golden ale (but the golden has a slight chill haze and is brilliantly brite after a few minutes in the glass). I use 6g/hL of Kick G too.

Comment

Working...
            X