St. Pats of Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to PR

I don't understand the logic. I just tried to place an order and was told on the phone that they don't ship to Puerto Rico. Ok fine, but then they do ship to Mexico and Canada. Where's the logic? Mexico is not part of the United States, Puerto Rico is (although not technically a state, it is a legal part of the United States of America). Puerto Ricans are US citizens. I tried to see the logic behind this and basically got stonewalled. Ok, too bad for them, I'll take my business somewhere else.

Comment

I have heard of their attitude toward beer people for years. I think they are just much better than us and we should just understand this as we are just beer people.

Maybe I should call them and ask a few beer questions from the studio live while recording a show. Or, should I just behave.

Johnny MAX
      BEER Talk Radio

Comment

You don't need to ask them a beer question, just question their pricing on an item. My partner called them about a chiller plate, got hung up on the first call, he was like, "What the hell just happened". Then called back, got more attitude. We are done dealing with them.

Customer service means a lot to us.
        ---------------
        Garry Pitman
        Manzanita Brewing Company
        Santee, CA

Comment

Take out an ad?

Interesting idea. What kind of advertisement did you have in mind? A booth at the CBC?

Comment

Ditto very thing said here. I was shocked when i was hung up on after calling to be sure my order went through. since I got no confirmation e-mail (even stating they received my order). I needed to order more supplies and wanted to double check the order so I didn't order something over again and he just ranted about how its not a good use of his time and proceeded to hang up! How insane is that! I'm not sure I'll ever place an order with them again!

I couldn't even get the words out when I wanted to say that I am tryingto place another order... crazy.

Comment

And they are still in business? Isn't this thread topic on the "greatest hits" list yet? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by brew4you
                Ditto very thing said here. I was shocked when i was hung up on after calling to be sure my order went through. since I got no confirmation e-mail (even stating they received my order). I needed to order more supplies and wanted to double check the order so I didn't order something over again and he just ranted about how its not a good use of his time and proceeded to hang up! How insane is that! I'm not sure I'll ever place an order with them again!

I couldn't even get the words out when I wanted to say that I am tryingto place another order... crazy.
                You are "not sure" you will place another order? Let me help you out. "YOU ARE GD SURE YOU WILL NEVER CALL THEM AGAIN!" The "Soup Nazi" is alive and well."

Comment

(according to D&B), their business has grown a lot over the last 8 years, and they have like $1,000,000 in annual sales!

They must have a core group of customers that they take care of where most of their sales come from. I cant imagine with that kind of CS that they are making it dealing (or not) with new customers.

and didnt I read that they started out as a homebrew supply store?
                  www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

St. Pats of Texas

I'm a homebrewer of 17 years and about 8 or 9 years ago they stopped selling to homebrewers. Before that on all the homebrew forums mimicked this thread. I even had an issue with them when I was ordering 300#'s of malt from them. Pat and her husband really need professional help imho. Maybe they're not cut out for business and they take their stress out on customers. Pretty stupid. I guess some things never change. If you are interested in some of the threads, there's a plethora of them on rec.crafts.brewing just do a search on St' Pats or Pat O'Connor and you'll see some wacky stuff.

Brewer Bob
                    Brewing in Las Cruces these days

Comment

St Patricks

I ordered online from THERE website, and the next email i recieved was this below: WHATS UP WITH THEM !! Then I attempted to call to clear up any issues and I repeatedly was hung up on!
                      Weird

We do not need orders wtih cryptic notes and needless an unwarranted homebrewing nonsense.

use plain English or we will not fill your order.

Never order again and then call with some nonsense

Don O'Connor, Ph.D.

St. Patrick's of Texas
                      1828 Fleischer Dr
                      Austin, TX 78728
                      stpats@stpats.com
                      winery equipment, sanitary valves and fittings

512-989-9727

ONLINE ORDER NO. 013012-871
                      *013012-871*
                      -
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Quantity Description Item Price Price Notes
                      2 END Cap Reducer 2.5 x1.5 $22.00 $44.00
                      1 TWR Spray Ball 1.5"-2" $105.00 $105.00

Subtotal: $149.00
                      Tax: TAX EXEMPT
                      Freight:
                      Total:

Comment

I like that he signed it PhD
                        Gerard
                        Forest and Main Brewing Company

Comment

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. It's makes me want to call this guy and get him all worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroir
                            I like that he signed it PhD
                            for phuckin dik!

I love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by andysim
                              This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. It's makes me want to call this guy and get him all worked up.
                              I would encourage this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Brewsalot
                                I would encourage this.
                                +1, call as a reporter for the Daily Planet, named Clark...

See if he even gets it hehehhe.

I definitely will never send my business their way.

Thanks for the words of warning.
                                ~Phil

Comment

Working...
                                X