LLC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLC question

I want to go a head and file for my LLC while I am looking for a facility. Since I do not have a facility yet, I will need to put my home address as the initial registered and principle office address.

By filing for the LLC with my home address am I going to run into issues with the ABC/TTB?

Should I get a facility first then file for the LLC? (seems to me the LLC would obtain the facility)

I know any advice is given based on experience and not legal in any way. I appreciate any experience you might be able to give me.

Thanks
    Trae

You will probably first need an in-state address (your home). You can file for the LLC and after you find an appropriate location, you can change the address. Shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I did the same with no issues..my llc/inc was formed way before I closed on the building.
      I used my home address than switched the mailing when I got the property.

Obiviously keep the company name the same when you switch address and youll be ok

you will need proof of all that stuff when you finally do file your fed and state paperwork

good luck
      Ken Landin
      Crossroads Brewing Company,Inc
      21 Second Street
      Athens,NY 12015
      518-947-9443
      www.crossroadsbrewingco.com

Comment

its not a problem at all, like others have said, you can change it later
        www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

It's $10 to change your address. You might want to register your trade name at the same time so no one else snatches it. It may also be a good time to apply for a trademark if you are going that route as the process takes about a year.

Comment

My experience was that we had a location for our brewery and filed the TTB paperwork. Then that locale fell through but found another. The TTB (then ATF) told us that we needed to refile ALL the federal paperwork. Turned out, we had to refile all the state paperwork as well.
            You can always change the business structure (e.g. LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, etc.) relatively easy, but maybe not the physical location. Check and double check with the powers that be.

prost!
            Dave
            Glacier Brewing Company
            406-883-2595
            info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Thanks for the advice. From what I can see, the address change for the LLC is no big deal. Had not thought about getting Trade name going.

Thanks
              Trae

Comment

Make sure you work with the TTB on this. LLC are super flexible and, in a world other than alcohol, you can do almost anything you want with them. The wrinkles come from TTB's preference for keeping close track of who has a notice and where they are so they don't miss any tax collections.

Kevin
                Kevin McGee

Healdsburg Beer Company
                Sonoma County, California

"Because this town sure didn't need another winery."

Comment

Working...
                X