X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickin & Grinnin

Originally posted by timbro81
    Old Crow Medicine Show - contemporary and traditional Bluegrass
    Sam Bush, Del McCoury, David Grisman are a few of my favorites.
    Oh yea, gotta mention Yonder Mountain String Band too

BTW- anyone on the forum going to North West String Summit this weekend in North Plains, Oregon? Rogue runs the beer garden, and there's gotta be a few Portland/Seattle brewers goin too. My campsite will be the one in the lower field with the pop-up tent flying a Dead Flag with a Steal Your Face and Jerry Bears from a 15' mic stand. Stop by and say hey.

Happy Brewing All, I'm goin to shake my bones and drink some beer this weekend.
    Last edited by Jephro; 07-15-2010, 02:31 PM.
    Jeff Byrne

Comment

Yes, Sirius Jam On or Grateful dead channel..Also I cant brew without tunes!!

Comment

Sirius Jam, dead channel, steal ur face, and Yonder Mountain String Band? I didn't realize I was hanging out with dirty, stinking hippies. I guess you all have your hippy jam in full swing. <sigh>

(leaves to call Cartman)
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Originally posted by beertje46
          Sirius Jam, dead channel, steal ur face, and Yonder Mountain String Band? I didn't realize I was hanging out with dirty, stinking hippies. I guess you all have your hippy jam in full swing. <sigh>

(leaves to call Cartman)
          Maybe the two of you can get together and agree on Apocalyptica?
          John W.

Comment

Originally posted by theweeb
            Maybe the two of you can get together and agree on Apocalyptica?
            Probably not, but we will have Slayer.
            Cheers & I'm out!
            David R. Pierce
            POB 343
            New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Originally posted by beertje46

(leaves to call Cartman)
              ...tell him i have some chicken skin for him on the mothership

Not all hippies hate Slayer, they just cant stand pop-tronic-trendy-throwaway crap.... and Bud Light
              Last edited by Jephro; 07-15-2010, 04:34 PM.
              Jeff Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by Jephro
                ...tell him i have some chicken skin for him on the mothership

Not all hippies hate Slayer, they just cant stand pop-tronic-trendy-throwaway crap.
                Chicken skin snooters.
                Cheers & I'm out!
                David R. Pierce
                POB 343
                New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

BILLK
                  "voted no Wife + 2 small kids = enjoys quiet during work day
                  Bill"

I was wondering why you would not want music, and thats a good reason.
                  Ive got the Serrius to listin too and station changes depending on my mood.
                  Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
                  tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
                  "Your results may vary"

Comment

Music in the brewery

Yeah I'm the same way, When I'm brewing I prefer pretty energetic stuff like Metal, Punk or classic rock like the Who or Small faces etc. On other days I might listen to Jazzy stuff or French/ German Pop or even talk radio....Comedy doesn't work for me though....If I listen to Neil Hamburger or the Jerky Boys or Russell Peters I tend to end up on the brewery floor cause I'm laughing so hard !

Cheers

T
                    Tariq Khan (Brewer/Distiller)

Yaletown Brewing and Distilling Co.
                    Vancouver, B.C.
                    Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Briggs
                      BILLK
                      "voted no Wife + 2 small kids = enjoys quiet during work day
                      Bill"

I was wondering why you would not want music, and thats a good reason.
                      Ive got the Serrius to listin too and station changes depending on my mood.
                      We have quiet days at work too. Nobody turns it on and it's all good.
                      Cheers & I'm out!
                      David R. Pierce
                      POB 343
                      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

our brewery is a small glass box - we have massive speakers = fun.

the brewery is loud at the best of times, old pumps, cooling and what have you jammed in a tiny space. All the brewery is old and falling apart: It runs on the old premise - if it's moving and it shouldn't = duck tape; if it's not moving and it should = WD40, put very loosely.

If there wasn't music - I would go nuts. And, for you left-brainers, I can hear a squealing pump or the like over the noise - it's when they don't make a noise, I worry.

As for the music: I tend to have an eclectic mix on, very early in the AM, from Faithless, to Kings of Leon, to Florence and the Machine, Prodigy - then Steve comes in, and it's over to the US classic rock; which is when I sort out the hop/malt dry store.

the dead are banned tho.
                        Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
                          our brewery is a small glass box - we have massive speakers = fun.

the brewery is loud at the best of times, old pumps, cooling and what have you jammed in a tiny space. All the brewery is old and falling apart: It runs on the old premise - if it's moving and it shouldn't = duck tape; if it's not moving and it should = WD40, put very loosely.

If there wasn't music - I would go nuts. And, for you left-brainers, I can hear a squealing pump or the like over the noise - it's when they don't make a noise, I worry.

As for the music: I tend to have an eclectic mix on, very early in the AM, from Faithless, to Kings of Leon, to Florence and the Machine, Prodigy - then Steve comes in, and it's over to the US classic rock; which is when I sort out the hop/malt dry store.

the dead are banned tho.
                          Music, yes please.
                          I used to drive Volks Wagens back in the day, I can hear a pump change over normal volumes for sure. Do I want to hear condensate dripping? No, I don't want condensate. Of course my brewery in not in the S. Pacific so I feel for the gitchee guy.
                          Cheers!
                          David R. Pierce

Comment

We are are not supposed to in the UK without a PRS license

Which is just crazy! Even just to play the radio!

Comment

Bachata

Currently on play in the brewhouse, try it out - it's music from the neigboring isle - Domrep. Hola!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Music &lt; Bottling Line

Music is all fine and dandy, but the speaker system you'd need to over power a bottling line running at 600 bpm would; a)cost way to much, b)blow out your ear drums(regardless of ear plugs), c)blow circuit breakers like it was going out of style.

Comment

Working...
                                X