Music in the brewery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in the brewery?

Simple poll. Yes or no. Post your pro's/con's if you like...
    Yes
    91.07%
    No
    8.93%

The poll is expired.

Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

music in the brewery

How could the yeast not like a Little deep Purple or Black Sabbath
    maybe even a little Green Day or Nugent at times

Laughing Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Dog
      How could the yeast not like a Little deep Purple or Black Sabbath
      maybe even a little Green Day or Nugent at times

Laughing Dog
      In my first brewery, I jokingly told the owners that yeast liked music. They thought I was serious and added that line to any brewery tour they conducted.
      Last edited by beertje46; 07-12-2010, 07:49 PM.
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Classic rock all the way here. Bookkeeper comes in and tries to change it to the 'suicide channel' on me from time to time, but I ALWAYS catch her....
        Pete Broyles
        Riverport Brewing Co
        Clarkston, WA

Comment

Always, always, always!
          Music in the brewery, in the tasting room, in the bathroom. Whenever we're bottling, music on my MP3 player (I'm a brewer, can't afford and IPOD!) in my ears. It's intrinsic!

Prost!
          Dave
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Music is mandatory. On another note, I've found that "canalphones" (the subtype of earbuds that squish into your ears) can provide substantial sound isolation from even the most deafening brewery clatter, so I tend to use them that way even when my ipod is dead. A $15 Skullcandy set does the job nicely, and you can hear your music over the leaky air compressor which runs all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Vendetta
              Music is mandatory. On another note, I've found that "canalphones" (the subtype of earbuds that squish into your ears) can provide substantial sound isolation from even the most deafening brewery clatter, so I tend to use them that way even when my ipod is dead. A $15 Skullcandy set does the job nicely, and you can hear your music over the leaky air compressor which runs all day long.
              But can you hear the change in tone signaling the imminent explosion of the leaky air compressor?

Comment

There's a constant shuffled soundtrack of about 4,000 songs. The songs that get pulled from the shuffle serve as omens for that brew...
                Kevin McGee

Healdsburg Beer Company
                Sonoma County, California

"Because this town sure didn't need another winery."

Comment

Classic Rock all the way, either from my Ipod and Iphone or from THE only Rock station here in the UK - Planet Rock, yeah baby.

Your ears can tell you a lot in the brewery, running tanks dry, etc, etc, and have gotten burned cause I've had the tunes too loud...still worth it
                  Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
                  Chairman of the Beer
                  Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
                  Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
                  W: www.lovibonds.com
                  F: LovibondsBrewery
                  T: @Lovibonds

Comment

mashing in

I always play music when mashing in. Sometimes the same song e.g. Elvis or Bob Marley...has kind of become tradition now. Then I turn off the music. Being in a brewpub, the staff eventually play music and it's always 90's on 9....I have to suffer through Tiffanny every day, but then I get rewarded with Hootie...without music it'd be a little duller here. But I gotta say, not all the time man! Mashing in right now.

Comment

Music is absolutely necessary in here. There's a great radio station at a local college that plays jazz through the summer and winter breaks. Plus, I keep a pile of CDs for the stereo. While delivering beer, I have my IPOD Shuffle in my ears.
                      Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
                      Strangeways Brewing
                      2277-A Dabney Road
                      Richmond, VA 23230
                      804-303-4336
                      www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

I voted yes only because there's no option for oh hells yes.

Never so loud that you can't hear the brewery though. But, that can still be pretty loud.

Comment

Vital

The stereo / iPod are the first piece of vital equipment turned on in the brewery. Vital.
                          Shuffle includes a wide variety: a deep catalog of Disco & funk, KISS, Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Radiohead, Rob Zombie, Pink Martini, Hall & Oates, Air - you get the idea...

DiscoDave

Comment

Pretty much roll with Pandora One. Lap top plugged into stereo. Pandora works off of "stations" that plays songs that are grouped into that genre of the main band you select. As you listen you click "like or dislike" and "add variety" as well and build that station to taste. For me its a mood thing on which station I select daily.

My top stations are:
                            Pearl Jam (Soundgarden, Alice and Chains, Nirvana, Weezer,Audio Slave and mixes in some Who, Neil Young, Tom Petty, Hendrix)
                            King Tubby (vast selections of primarily Dub Reggae)
                            Modeski Martin and Wood (Charlie Hunter, Miles Davis, John Scofield,Karl Denson)
                            Built to Spill.(Indie rock like Pavement, Interpol, Death Cab for Cutie, Black keys, Raconteurs and a mix of 30's and 40' blues)
                            Grateful Dead(Hendrix,Phish,Wide Spread Panic, Cream,Pink Floyd)

I do listen to BBC world service off and on in the am.

Comment

Originally posted by dabudah
                              But can you hear the change in tone signaling the imminent explosion of the leaky air compressor?
                              You can still hear any tonal changes in your pumps, etc, but it attenuates them to non-deafening levels. It's particularly effective at rolling off the high frequencies where a lot of hearing damage occurs rather easily.
                              Last edited by Vendetta; 07-13-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X